IBM Token-Ring stalling when I start Netscape

1. token ring token ring token ring

I would advice either going to a more recent kernel, or back to 1.2.x,
and applying the TR patch.  As far as I can tell, the built-in TR support
in 1.3 was broken early on, and not fixed until very recently.

I had no end of problems - normally showing as booting and init'ing the
TR card ok, could ping ok, but any more then that (such as telnet or ftp,
either into or out of the Linux machine) gave a kernel panic.

Compiled up 1.3.72 the other day and it's been running perfectly ever
since.  I'm using a Madge Straight Blue right now but have also used
some older IBM 4/16 cards.

Leonard

2. how downloading what???

3. TOKEN RING? (unfortunately *IBM* Token Ring)

4. close_on_exec ? HELP !

5. IBM PCI Token-Ring adapter configuration

6. Power Mac 9600 / 300 Video Card

7. IBM Token-Ring

8. Packages for 3.2: samba-2.2.7a.tgz

9. Non-Ibm Token-ring cards drivers

10. HELP: IBM Auto 16/4 Token-Ring ISA Adapter

11. Status of driver for IBM Auto LanStreamer 16/4 Token-Ring PCI Adapter ?

12. IBM PCI Token-Ring Adapter Supported?

13. IBM PCI Token-Ring driver