Joystick port problem

Post by Atif Hash » Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:15:03

Dear All,
I am using the joystick port for voltage measurements. The capacitors
inside the game card that get charged depending on the value of the
input voltage work for the voltage range within 3.3V to 5V. I
initially implemented the algorithm on PII I wrote the following lines
of inline assembly language for reading the joystick port
  "outb %%al,%%dx"
  "L1:"
  "incl %%ecx \n\t"
  "inb %%dx,%%al \n\t"  //dx contains the address of joystick port
  "and 2,%%eax \n\t"    //getting the required bit
  "jne L1"

The count that I get on the register %%eax remains almost the same
whether I run the code on PII or PIV.

Is there any way I can get a better count on PIV. Please help me in
this regard.

Atif.

1. Problem enabling Joystick port, any suggestions?

Hello hackers:

         I've been trying to use my joystick [connected to the game port
of my soundblaster PCI card] with some games in linux [redhat 7.0]. I
installed the joystick drivers [insmod joystick-xxxx] but keep getting
an error similar to "Device is busy...." according to some documentation
[on the driver], this is because the game port on my sound card is not
"enabled".

      I've trying to find a way to verify or make the port enable, but
have still have no idea how to do it. Any sugestions? I have used
sndconfig but all it does is to detect the correct chipset and then
configure it automatically and exit, no mention abour the joystick port.

     Thanks,

      Mario.

2. Slow for the first time

3. Problems with a SBPCI 128's joystick port

4. How to use Find

5. Joystick support with PS joystick

6. problem with talk

7. Joystick support -- Error, no joysticks found

8. Help! The DCE screen saver has gone insane!!!

9. Joystick driver for ADB port using CH FLightstick Pro/Sidewinder

10. using mid thru joystick port w/ensoniq audiopci

11. ARGH: Cannot get serial port <-> flybox joystick to work

12. Joystick port access

13. Joystick Port on PAS-16?