alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx
and reboot, you should see a message using the dmesg command when you reboot
that looks like:
(scsi0) <Adaptec AIC-7896/7 Ultra2 SCSI host adapter> found at PCI 0/12/0
(scsi0) Downloading sequencer code... 396 instructions downloaded
Vendor: UMAX Model: Astra 1220S Rev: V1.1
Type: Scanner ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Detected scsi generic sgi at scsi0, channel 0, id 5, lun 0
This assumes Mandrake compiles in generic scsi device support when they build
their kernels. If they don't, then you need to rebuild you own kernel that
Michael Meissner, Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company.
PMB 198, 174 Littleton Road #3, Westford, Massachusetts 01886, USA
1. SCSI cards with DOS/linux and ESDI cards.
I'm looking for a SCSI card to use with DOS and LINUX.
The last FAQ for devices and hardware I've found says adaptec
I'm looking at buying a 1542CF and want to know fi I'll have any
problems in linux with this. I also have a ultrastore 12F for ESDI
drives I need it co-exist with.
Please reply with any information.
PROFS:JJAMULLA PRIMEMAIL:JAMULLA -ON D1D1 Work:(313)337-9951
Ford Motor Co.- Car Prod. Devel., P&MS, CAD/CAM Dept., Dearborn, MI 48121
3. Ultrastor 22f (esdi card) confuses Ultrastor 24f (scsi card) drivers
5. searching scsi floppy driver to read dos floppies for sol 2.4
7. DOS Driver for Adaptec 1542B, TEAC SCSI CD?
9. difference between dual-single ended scsi card and single ended scsi card
10. end of data when doing SCSI reads in SVR4 driver?
11. Ethernet Card Drivers for AIXwindows for DOS
12. 2 IDE Channel IO cards with DOS drivers
13. SCSI card Adaptec 2940UW: What have I done wrong?