Updates (newbie error)

Post by Charle » Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:05:19

While in "root" mode, I was attempting to update the system. I had selected
(probably like a moron) all the updates. 137 updates or something close.
Anyway, I downloaded them, however, there was an error with one of the
installs. When I hit Cancel, the install stopped. However, I can't seem to
get the list back up. When I go back to the update program, nothing is
listed. It connects, I can see the mirror lists (when I update mirrors) and
it shows the "Development Updates" when selected.

Is there a log file, or something similiar, that I need to delete to
activate the list again?

Thanks.

Updates (newbie error)

Post by j.. » Wed, 28 Mar 2001 06:41:55

>While in "root" mode, I was attempting to update the system. I had selected
>(probably like a moron) all the updates. 137 updates or something close.
>Anyway, I downloaded them, however, there was an error with one of the
>installs. When I hit Cancel, the install stopped. However, I can't seem to
>get the list back up. When I go back to the update program, nothing is
>listed. It connects, I can see the mirror lists (when I update mirrors) and
>it shows the "Development Updates" when selected.

>Is there a log file, or something similiar, that I need to delete to
>activate the list again?

>Thanks.

What distribution do you use? What version? In any case this is an install,
not a hardware question. Try an appropriate group, such as
com.os.linux.install or comp.os.linux.misc

1. UPDATE: Xserver errors/Shared Lib errors...

Ah......

Turns out by cdrom from www.cheapbytes.com has some bad sections,
and the install never complained about not being able to install all the
appropriate
software...

I downloaded the XFree86-libs-... RPM and once installed all is OK. Now,
I only have to track down what other packages didn't make it off(or perhaps
on)
the CD...

-Nick T.

2. problems with the new compiled kernel? Please help!!!!

3. Not a newbie, but with a newbie problem (startx fails error 2)

4. OS for IBM RS/6000 860 notebook

5. NEWBIE: Get error "Error 0x04" when booting from A1

6. Rdisc within gated problem

7. Newbie Modem Driver Update Question

8. suche Treiber AVM Fritz!X PC (seriell)

9. Linux Newbie Web Site Updated

10. newbie :how to update environment PATH for all users

11. RH 8.0 - RHN - update agent - newbie

12. Newbie: question about for kernel update for PCI NE2000 Redhat4.2

13. Newbie: Kernel updates