Conflict with Microsoft intelligent Mouse and Microsoft Natural Keyboard

Conflict with Microsoft intelligent Mouse and Microsoft Natural Keyboard

Post by Johnny Cha » Thu, 06 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I have Microsoft Intelligent Mouse(PS/2) and Microsoft Natural
Keyboard(PS/2). There are two PS/2 port on my ASUS P3B Motherboard. However,
I found that the two hardwares would be conflicted with each other and this
could lock up my linux system.
Does anyone know if I cannot use the two hardwares with same
interface(PS/2). There is no problem when I use mouse with com port.

Post by Sven Bovi » Fri, 07 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> I have Microsoft Intelligent Mouse(PS/2) and Microsoft Natural
> Keyboard(PS/2). There are two PS/2 port on my ASUS P3B Motherboard. However,
> I found that the two hardwares would be conflicted with each other and this
> could lock up my linux system.
> Does anyone know if I cannot use the two hardwares with same
> interface(PS/2). There is no problem when I use mouse with com port.

Are you sure you have put the mouse in the `mouse-PS/2 port'
and the keyboard in the `keyboard port' ?  I'm asking
because only a few weeks ago, I made the mistake of putting
the mouse and keyboard in the wrong connectors, and it gives
all sorts of weird effects (keyboard lights flashing when
one touches the mouse, Windows not seeing the mouse, ...).

 labo kwantumchemie |IJzerenmolenstr 26|
 Celestijnenln 200F |   bus 116        |Wampenberg 88
 B-3001 HEVERLEE    |B-3001 HEVERLEE   |B-2370 ARENDONK
  Belgium           | Belgium          |Belgium
 tel +32(0)16 327380|                  |tel +32(0)14 678310
 fax +32(0)16 327992|                  |fax +32(0)14 678310

1. Touch Typing (was Microsoft natural keyboard / Dvorak keyboard users)

I had thought about buying one of the ergonomic keyboards (not
necessarily Microsoft) but after seeing the discussion of which side
of the keyboard the '6' key should be on, I think I will wait.

While I am waiting though, I might set about learning to touch type
properly. (I know roughly which keys to use with which finger and do
*try* to use the correct ones.)

Can any of the many touch typing programmers out there tell me if
there is a program that I can use to learn touch typing. A DOS /
Windows / UNIX program that will take me through the stages and rid me
of my bad habits (like looking at the keyboard most of the time) would
be great.

Any pointers to QWERTY or Dvorak style typing tutors would be greatly
appreciated.

Andrew.

2. loopback device problems

3. Microsoft Natural Keyboard problem

4. Lilo problem

5. Microsoft Natural Keyboard on a Sparc 5?

6. How do I assign an IP address to a networkcard?

7. Microsoft Natural Keyboard in X

8. Solaris7 intel ports

9. Microsoft natural Keyboard

10. USB Microsoft Natural Keyboard

11. Microsoft Natural keyboard, 43P-140, AIX 4.3.3

12. MicroSoft Natural Keyboard -- Driver?

13. Microsoft Natural Keyboard and right-CTRL