REQ: Recommend compatible PCI hardware for Linux 2.0.xx

REQ: Recommend compatible PCI hardware for Linux 2.0.xx

Post by Alexander Suba » Sun, 11 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi:

I need to put together a Linux-based Internet platform on an intel
platform.  Could you evaluate the following choices and/or recommend
ones you know are compatible:

        Micronics M55Hi Plus motherboard (Intel P133), 256Kb cache,
        EDO or ECC memory

        3Com 3c59x Fast Etherlink NIC

        Graphics card???   Looking for good performance [and compatibility]
        on both X and OpenGL

I have already tried building a system off of an Intel Advanced/ML
(Marl) motherboard but ran into PCI compatibility problems.
Currently, I plan to install a 1.2.13 kernel (or 1.3.20) and upgrade
to 2.0.xx.

Thanks in advance for your input

-Alex