Parallel Port File Transfer between 2 Hosts?

Parallel Port File Transfer between 2 Hosts?

Post by Daniel Gra » Mon, 20 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I want to implement a parallel port file transfer program
for a Posix compliant Operating System. It is similar to Linux.
The program should be as fast as possible (>=50kbytes/sec);
similar to the performance of the Laplink software.

I'm looking for an efficient low level file transfer protocol
for the parallel port. I'm using a standard Laplink cable.

Would be great if there is any source code available!

Thanks for your help!
Daniel

Parallel Port File Transfer between 2 Hosts?

Post by Brent R Bria » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Try PLIP (Parallel Line Internet Protocol), comes with Linux and gives
IP over parallel ports.

> I want to implement a parallel port file transfer program
> for a Posix compliant Operating System. It is similar to Linux.
> The program should be as fast as possible (>=50kbytes/sec);
> similar to the performance of the Laplink software.

> I'm looking for an efficient low level file transfer protocol
> for the parallel port. I'm using a standard Laplink cable.

> Would be great if there is any source code available!

> Thanks for your help!
> Daniel

1. Parallel Port File Transfer between 2 Hosts?

I want to implement a parallel port file transfer program
for a Posix compliant Operating System. It is similar to Linux.
The program should be as fast as possible (>=50kbytes/sec);
similar to the performance of the Laplink software.

I'm looking for an efficient low level file transfer protocol
for the parallel port. I'm using a standard Laplink cable.

Would be great if there is any source code available!

Thanks for your help!
Daniel

2. Configuring Apache to handle ?ΓΌ?? characters in url address

3. file transfer over parallel port?

4. Hard drive is not ready when checking on BIOS

5. File transfer between 2 PCs via parallel port

6. va_list ??????

7. File transfers across serial and/or parallel ports, hardwire, w/ PC

8. Types of memory in RS6000 boxes

9. HELP! : parallel port file transfer

10. File transfer between 2 PCs via parallel port

11. Parallel to Parallel file transfers?

12. Transfer data from a client's port to a host port.

13. parallel port printer and parallel port superdisk