Help with HP laserjet4L configuration!!! I gave up!!

Help with HP laserjet4L configuration!!! I gave up!!

Post by Samir Moal » Tue, 02 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Hi

        I spent more than two day trying to make my HP laserjet4L works with Linux.
I really gave up.  I followed the instruction in the HOW-TO-PRINTING, and I used the magicfilter
but nothing happened.  Is it so difficult to configure the printer or it's just me?
        I would appreciate any help.  Thank you in advance

Samir

Post by David F » Tue, 02 Jan 1996 04:00:00

] I spent more than two day trying to make my HP laserjet4L works with
] Linux.  I really gave up.  I followed the instruction in the
] HOW-TO-PRINTING, and I used the magicfilter but nothing happened.
] Is it so difficult to configure the printer or it's just me?  I
] would appreciate any help.  Thank you in advance

Why is it that 50% of articles I reply to have bad return addresses?
I use this to print postscript to a laserjet 4L:

#!/bin/sh

gs -r300 -sDEVICE=ljet4 -dNOPAUSE -dQUIET -sOutputFile=/tmp/foo.lj $1 < /dev/null

lpr -s -r /tmp/foo.lj
--
David Fox          http://found.cs.nyu.edu/fox          xoF divaD
NYU Media Research Lab                     baL hcraeseR aideM UYN

1. Help:HP laserjet4L Configuration!!!! I gave up!

Hi

        I spent more than two day trying to make my HP laserjet4L works with Linux.
I really gave up.  I followed the instruction in the HOW-TO-PRINTING, and I used the magicfilter
but nothing happened.  Is it so difficult to configure the printer or it's just me?
        I would appreciate any help.  Thank you in advance

Samir

2. One indicator of linux's success...

3. HP LaserJet4L setup

4. mail problems

5. Q: ghostscript and HP Laserjet4L

6. PSCAD/EMTDC for linux

7. Setup HP LaserJet4L & Slackware v2.3 (I've read the HOW TO's)

8. another

9. HP LASERJET4L SETUP and FILTERS.

10. RedHat 6.0 and HP laserJet4L - Setting Margins

11. HP LaserJet4L

12. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

13. HP 7200i+ broken, but HP is giving me the runaround.