Howto read raw data from the serial port?

Howto read raw data from the serial port?

Post by Kees van den Broe » Sun, 26 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hello all,

I read various HOWTO's about serial programming,
but the examples i found assumed that there was a modem, a terminal or
something like that connected to the serial port.
I've just got two wires (ground and data signal). No handshake or stuff.
I just want to read the raw data from that data signal cable.
I hope that there are some C++ (or any other language is fine) examples of
how to do this.

Best regards, Kees