Drivers for Canon BJC-2000

Post by Einar Sundgre » Sat, 11 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I have a canon BJC-2000 printer wich I really would like to use under linux
(one step closer a m$ free computer)

The problem I have is that i cant find any decent drivers for it to make it
work under Linux. The BJC-4000 and BJC-600 series drivers work but the
quality of the printouts is so bad that you dont want to give them to a
possible employer or similar. Just for you information, the printer works
perfectly under win 98 with canon drivers so its not any problems with the
hardware

I would be glad if anyone could point me in the direction where to find such
a driver, searching the WWW gives just a lot of un interesting stuff.

btw, i would appreciate if answares also could be sent to my e-mail due to
the heavy massage load of the newsgoup.

/Einar

Drivers for Canon BJC-2000

Post by Mike » Mon, 13 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Einar S.

Try using the postscript drivers...not sure they will work, but check it
out.  I get good output using the BJC600 driver.  Also, check for something
called BJC tools, I've heard from my local group here that they can help in
many situations.

Mike

> I have a canon BJC-2000 printer wich I really would like to use under
linux
> (one step closer a m$ free computer)

> The problem I have is that i cant find any decent drivers for it to make
it
> work under Linux. The BJC-4000 and BJC-600 series drivers work but the
> quality of the printouts is so bad that you dont want to give them to a
> possible employer or similar. Just for you information, the printer works
> perfectly under win 98 with canon drivers so its not any problems with
the
> hardware

> I would be glad if anyone could point me in the direction where to find
such
> a driver, searching the WWW gives just a lot of un interesting stuff.

> btw, i would appreciate if answares also could be sent to my e-mail due
> the heavy massage load of the newsgoup.

> /Einar

Drivers for Canon BJC-2000

Post by Mike » Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:00:00

the bjc-600 drivers work wonderfully.

www.users.uswest.net/~thaz

Drivers for Canon BJC-2000

Post by Jason Byrn » Wed, 15 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I second that vote... and I have a Canon BJC-4200 :-)

Quote: