HP 6Lse on Linux

Post by tag » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Anyone printed to an HP6Lse printer under Linux?

* Todd A. Guillory                        *                         *
* Web Assistant & PB Computer Eng Student * telephone 281/461-0378  *
* Information Technology                  * pager/VM  713/318-6057  *

* The University of Houston               * http://www.io.com/~tag/ *

HP 6Lse on Linux

Post by Mark Wagno » Wed, 19 Aug 1998 04:00:00

the  "se" just indicates what software is bundled with the printer.
The printer itself only has 6L on its case. A 6Lse or a 6L-whatever
is still a 6L.

> What's the difference between 6l and 6Lse? I looked in HP's site but
> didn't find any spec sheets that tell the difference between them. At
> least the 6L model works perfectly well with Linux (I know, I have one).

HP 6Lse on Linux

Post by Mark Wagno » Wed, 19 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have. It works well using the apsfilter. Setup is a snap. Also,
the toner cartridge lasts forever. I've printed something like 8
reams (4000 pages) of text over the last year and just replaced my
toner cartridge last week. I bought extra ram for it when I bought
it (4megs for ~$50 US).

Mark

---

> Anyone printed to an HP6Lse printer under Linux?

1. HP Laserjet 6Lse

Hi,

Has anyone had any luck getting Ghostscript to work with one of the new
HPLaserjet 6Lse printers? I know, I shouldn't have bought bleeding edge,
but hey you only live once...

HP tech support says that a Laserjet 4+ or Laserjet III driver should be
close enough if I was using DOS (but none of are, are we?). Well not
exactly. My programming skills are too poor to contemplate rolling my
own driver without some sort of help and or direction.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
--
Michael S. Edmunds
Houston, TX

http://www.neosoft.com/~medmunds

  "One wise head can outmatch a score of hands" - Euripides

2. battery

3. Help: PPP connection problems

4. test please ignore

5. Process quotas.

6. HP LaserJet 6Lxi vs 6Lse?

7. LaserJet 6LSE Not Detected

8. Solaris 2.5.1 / HP JetAdmin D3.15 / HP JetDirect / Non-HP-Printer

9. printing to HP IIIsi with HP jet direct card, Linux driver?