Anyone running RedHat Linux on a PC with Shuttle MN31N motherboard?

Anyone running RedHat Linux on a PC with Shuttle MN31N motherboard?

Post by NightOw » Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:10:11

I'm thinking about turning one of my PC's into a Linux box.  It has a
Shuttle MN31N motherboard, AMD XP2000+ CPU, and 521MB of DDR333 SDRAM.  I
just wonder if RedHat Linux would run well on this machine.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Anyone running RedHat Linux on a PC with Shuttle MN31N motherboard?

Post by Ross » Sat, 18 Oct 2003 00:45:16

Quote:> I'm thinking about turning one of my PC's into a Linux box.  It has a
> Shuttle MN31N motherboard, AMD XP2000+ CPU, and 521MB of DDR333 SDRAM.  I
> just wonder if RedHat Linux would run well on this machine.

> Any input will be greatly appreciated.

I plan on getting a shuttle system within the next couple of weeks
specifically to set up as a Linux server (I haven't settled on the specific
model).  According to my research, you shouldn't have any problems.

--
Rossz

Remove 'NOSPAM' from my email address to reply directly

1. Anyone with MSI K72N Delta-IL (AMD) or Shuttle AS45GT (P4) motherboard and linux

Hello,

I have a good offer for one of the two mainboards mentioned above:

- MSI K72N Delta-IL, nVidia nForce 2 SPP for an AMD processor

- Shuttle AS45GT Mainboard, SiS 648 (+963)  for a P4 CPU

Is anyone using such a board and can tell me they do work with linux and if
not, whats wrong. I would especialy be interested if USB 2.0 works which is
"onboard" of both mainboards. Any experience?

Thanks
Rainer
Rainer Krienke, Universitaet Koblenz, Rechenzentrum
Universitaetsstrasse 1, 56070 Koblenz, Tel: +49 261287 -1312, Fax: -1001312

Get my public PGP key: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke/mypgp.html

2. rsh problem

3. Anyone ever connected a PC running unix to PC lantastic network?

4. linux on DecStation 3100

5. Motherboard (other than Intel, Soyo, Shuttle, and ASUS) compatibility with Linux/FreeBSD?

6. Sound in Slackware 7

7. Shuttle Pentium Motherboards and Linux

8. problems with (Apache && Solaris && mod_perl)

9. Anyone running Linux on CA810/CA810E motherboards?

10. Will Linux Run on 440FX/PC Partner Motherboard

11. Anyone get Linux on a Shuttle SpaceWalker SS40?

12. Has anyone ever heard of a "PC Chips" M851LU Motherboard ?

13. Anyone running Linux on Dan for Windows PC?