D-Link 220 ISA PNP NIC

Post by KalDa » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I have RH 5.2 and am trying to install a d-link 220 ISA pnp NIC.  I have it
set for IRQ 5 and io 320.  When I run setup, none of the selections RH gives
me (D-Link or NE2000 compatible) will work.  Anyone get one of these cards
to work?

--
=========
Cheers,

"Real name and address hidden to thwart spam and protect inbasket."

D-Link 220 ISA PNP NIC

Post by Dento » Mon, 07 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> I have RH 5.2 and am trying to install a d-link 220 ISA pnp NIC.  I have it
> set for IRQ 5 and io 320.  When I run setup, none of the selections RH gives
> me (D-Link or NE2000 compatible) will work.  Anyone get one of these cards
> to work?

Hi~

Do the following.  Type:

pnpdump > /etc/isapnp.conf

Edit /etc/isapnp.conf by uncommenting the two lines that refer to your
io and irq.  "man isapnp.conf" for more info.  Then add the following
lines to /etc/conf.modules:

alias eth0 8390
alias eth0 ne
        options ne io=240 irq=3  # Enter your own values

Reboot.  Type "dmesg" and look for several lines refering to eth0 and
isapnp devices being configured.  Also type "ifconfig", lo and eth0
should be listed.  Let me know if this helps.

Jeff

D-Link 220 ISA PNP NIC

Post by Niclas Andersso » Fri, 11 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hello.

Yepp, I got it to work under RH5.2, RH6.0 and now have it running under
Mandrake 6.0 also. No problems at all during the install when I choosed
NE2000. It found it without complaining.

Niclas

> I have RH 5.2 and am trying to install a d-link 220 ISA pnp NIC.  I have
it
> set for IRQ 5 and io 320.  When I run setup, none of the selections RH
gives
> me (D-Link or NE2000 compatible) will work.  Anyone get one of these cards
> to work?

> --
> =========
> Cheers,
> KalDar

> "Real name and address hidden to thwart spam and protect inbasket."

1. D-Link DE 220 PnP ISA Card

I am using kerenel 2.2.9

I am forced to make use of a

D-Link 220 PnP ISA Card for a particular network system - no way
around it.

(The DFE530TX worked great as a via-rine) Thanx Sessions.

Now exactly what do I have to do to get this card to work in my
Linux box?

Boot read out:

ISA/PNP

Card  Device  DMA  IRQ  Device

 1      0      NA   3   D-Link DE 220 PnP ISA Card

All I want to know is what I have to do configure this card to work
and how to do it, or just point to the relevant RTFM.

Thanx in Advance.

Denning

2. Different versions of GCC

3. Problems detecting my D-link 220 ISA PnP

4. Just got red hat 5.2 in WOW

5. Ethernet Drivers with D-Link DE-220 ISA

6. ncftpd & dynamic IP?

7. Help:Trouble with network card D-Link 220 Isa

8. newbie: G3 gray UltraWide>RedHat 4 CD

9. D-Link 220 ISA

10. Help:Problem with network card D-Link 220 ISA

11. Help : NE2000 with D-link 220 card

12. Adaptec 2940U, Phoenix Bios 4.0, UMC Motherboard, Logitech mouse, D-link 220

13. D-Link DE 220 Ethernet Cards