What's the most stable Video Capture/Tuner Card for Linux?

What's the most stable Video Capture/Tuner Card for Linux?

Post by Joh » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:03:38

Hi,

I want to buy a tuner/capture card for my Fedora 1 system. I'm hoping
to spend less than $50.

What cards should I consider? It looks like the bttv module has been
running for a while, so it's probably pretty stable?

Thanks,
John

Post by Mike » Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:33:39

> Hi,

> I want to buy a tuner/capture card for my Fedora 1 system. I'm hoping
> to spend less than $50.

Which currency would that be?

Quote:> What cards should I consider? It looks like the bttv module has been
> running for a while, so it's probably pretty stable?

Certainly stable. Well supported. The problem with these cards can be
the quality of the tuner module. Might not be an issue if you are
not using an antenna. Otherwise worth comparing.
Quote:> Thanks,

Post by Jayson Garrel » Wed, 19 Nov 2003 06:24:45

>> Hi,

>> I want to buy a tuner/capture card for my Fedora 1 system. I'm hoping
>> to spend less than $50.

> Which currency would that be?

>> What cards should I consider? It looks like the bttv module has been
>> running for a while, so it's probably pretty stable?

The hauppauge model 401 cards work well, and run about $50 US. I have a
model 401 & a pvr250 ($150 US, but it's also a hardware mpeg encoder)

Very stable with the bttv module (model 401).

Jayson Garrell

1. AGP video card, TV tuner and capture card

   I am planning to buy a new PC. I am a Slackware Linux user.
 The point is that I want advice, experiences, suggestions, etc
  concerning what AGP video card and PAL-TV tuner with video capture
 card should I buy. The best would be a card including everything like
 the ALL-IN-WONDER Pro card. But I think this does not support Linux.
 I have seen the BTTV page. But I want to make sure of the following
features.
    a) I want the AGP video card to be accelerated under Linux
    b) I want to be able to have  resizable TV windows
    c)  I want to access teletext
    d)  I want to be able to capture video sequences

           If you can help me in some way in my decision I would be very

 grateful and I will put my experience to the service of  future

           Thank you very much

           Antonio Gonzalez-Arroyo
           Departamento de Fisica Teorica
           Univ. Autonoma de Madrid
            Madrid, SPAIN

2. safe_finger

3. mutiple tv tuner cards and video capture cards, help needed

4. unable to access /etc/fstab filesystem

5. mutiple tv tuner cards/video capture cards, newbie question

6. nls cp1250 suport needed

7. TV Tuner/Video Capture cards that support Win2K or Linux?

8. Problem with fonts in X

9. video capture and TV tuner card

10. help this newbie: multiple tuner cards and capture cards setup, LINUX MULTIPLEXOR

11. Video Capture Card/TV Tuner

12. help needed: multiple tuner cards and capture cards