hp 5740 and gimp problem

Post by jwc » Tue, 20 Jun 2006 23:00:46

Hi,
        Soryy, I guess it is too early for me. My previous post about my hp5740
        is a gimp problem, not cups.

        iI have a hp 5740 deskjet installed on my
        slackware 10.2 system. The printer works on all the applications that I
        have tried except gimp. Using cups the printing jobs are spooled but the
        first page comes out with a cryptic one line message beginning with
        %!PS-ADOBE-3.0 and then blank pages come out until I turn off the
        printer. Other graphics applications such as xv and image-magic handle
        graphics files properly.

        I have the most recent hpijs package installed and cups recognizes
        the printer and prints a test page ok.

Any help would be appreciated, JWC

hp 5740 and gimp problem

Post by jwc » Fri, 23 Jun 2006 07:06:14

> Hi,
>    Soryy, I guess it is too early for me. My previous post about my hp5740
>    is a gimp problem, not cups.

>         iI have a hp 5740 deskjet installed on my
>    slackware 10.2 system. The printer works on all the applications that I
>    have tried except gimp. Using cups the printing jobs are spooled but the
>    first page comes out with a cryptic one line message beginning with
>    %!PS-ADOBE-3.0 and then blank pages come out until I turn off the
>    printer. Other graphics applications such as xv and image-magic handle
>    graphics files properly.

>         I have the most recent hpijs package installed and cups recognizes
>         the printer and prints a test page ok.

> Any help would be appreciated, JWC

I found the solution on the internet

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2005-May/034429.html

That is, the gimp command line has -oraw at the end. Removing that allows
the printer to work properly.

Cheers, JWC