Compaq Pressario: can Linux use volume controls?

Compaq Pressario: can Linux use volume controls?

Post by Georg Schwa » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 05:13:08

On a Compaq Presario CDS 522 (with built-in monitor) there are three
controls to mute, increase and decrease the volume. Can Linux use them
in some way?

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/

Post by Paul Lutu » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 08:05:36

> On a Compaq Presario CDS 522 (with built-in monitor) there are three
> controls to mute, increase and decrease the volume. Can Linux use them
> in some way?

Sure! Just write a custom kernel module.

--
Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com

1. Does Linux Work on COMPAQ Pressario 9220 ???

Hi,

I'm planning to join the world of Linux! Now i would like to know if the
Compaq PRESSARIO 9220 Works with Linux. Is there anybody who is using
such a system.

I'm asking this because i can get one cheap! (but it's a machine where
it's inpossible to choose witch card you ant!)

Thanks, Joel Wijngaarde
--

All science is either physics or stamp collecting.
                -- E. Rutherford

2. more info about above problem...

3. Linux on Compaq Pressario 1230

4. Announcing ATI TV Tuner Petition

5. linux on Compaq Pressario 1622?

6. su

7. Compaq pressario and X

8. 2.2.9 on a Jensen

9. Compaq Pressario 433 anyone?

10. sound card on Compaq Pressario

11. Compaq Pressario 433 anyone?

12. Compaq pressario laptop

13. XF86Config for Compaq Pressario CDS 742 ?