How to use Toshiba's accupoint stick 'mouse' device?

How to use Toshiba's accupoint stick 'mouse' device?

Post by Al Longye » Tue, 18 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I am interested in buying a Toshiba laptop system to run with
Linux. It comes with a small *ized device on the keyboard to
simulate the mouse. IBM first introduced this little gadget on their
thinkpad laptops.

Does anyone know if this is an acceptable input source to Linux and
Xserver? Is this programmed the same as the PS/2 device? Or, is
Toshiba very secretative about the hardware designs to no publish the
programming information?

I don't have the laptop yet. This is my 'information gathering stage'
so please understand if I haven't read the manual. (I don't have the
manual.)

Thank you in advance for any information that you can share with me.

--

How to use Toshiba's accupoint stick 'mouse' device?

Post by Jeff Bau » Wed, 19 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>I am interested in buying a Toshiba laptop system to run with
>Linux. It comes with a small *ized device on the keyboard to
>simulate the mouse. IBM first introduced this little gadget on their
>thinkpad laptops.

>Does anyone know if this is an acceptable input source to Linux and
>Xserver? Is this programmed the same as the PS/2 device?

  Yeah, it behaves just like a PS/2 mouse: /dev/psaux

  Just for the heck of it I've also plugged in a 3-button mouse
  on the Toshiba's serial port and tested it with X.

  Jeff Bauer
  Medical Support Services, Inc.

How to use Toshiba's accupoint stick 'mouse' device?

Post by root » Thu, 20 Jul 1995 04:00:00

It's a PS2 mouse.  Works fine with linux.  gpm or X

How to use Toshiba's accupoint stick 'mouse' device?

Post by Ngan Chang Yon » Thu, 20 Jul 1995 04:00:00

It's a PS2 pointing device.
Works with linux.
gpm & X windows

Post by jake.. » Thu, 27 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>>I am interested in buying a Toshiba laptop system to run with
>>Linux. It comes with a small *ized device on the keyboard to
>>simulate the mouse. IBM first introduced this little gadget on their
>>thinkpad laptops.

>>Does anyone know if this is an acceptable input source to Linux and
>>Xserver? Is this programmed the same as the PS/2 device?

>  Yeah, it behaves just like a PS/2 mouse: /dev/psaux

>  Just for the heck of it I've also plugged in a 3-button mouse
>  on the Toshiba's serial port and tested it with X.

>  Jeff Bauer
>  Medical Support Services, Inc.

PMFJI, but how did you get X to work with the Chips chipset video?
I've gotten everything but X to work on my 2150.  Is there an extra x server
that handles the chips?
James Kendrick

1. how to set XFree86's mouse resolution (using FreeBSD's moused)?

my mouse moves like jumping.....
In XFree86 4.x, I am using the "AUTO" mouse protocol, on "/dev/sysmouse"
(ie., moused running)

I read the X doc, there is an option for mouse like this:
        Option    "Resolution"    "N"

, where N is the resolution per inch. But what value makes sense? I tried to
put 200, 720, 1000, 10000, etc......but the mouse movement didn't seem to
improve....please help !

Thanks,
ben

2. Quicken on Linux

3. 'lo' & 'eth0' devices inactive: how come ?

4. closing ports - weird nmap results

5. 'Unknown PCI device' and 'Keyboard timeout' with RedHat 4.1

6. WPA anyone

7. What's an 'mcd device' (because it's missing)?

8. logrotor

9. using the 'join' or 'sort' command...

10. Serial mouse only works during installation in graphics mode, problem with 'serial device driver'

11. execute a function using its 'name' in 'C'

12. 'X Error: BadRequest' using 'xv' on Solaris 2.4

13. Using 'cat' with 'tee' - Input error?