Cannot get Creative Vibra16x Soundcard to work on alsa (2.4 kernel, SUSE 7.1)

Cannot get Creative Vibra16x Soundcard to work on alsa (2.4 kernel, SUSE 7.1)

Post by cash » Sat, 12 May 2001 23:04:11

Has anyone been able to get a Creative Vibra16x soundcard to work on SUSE
7.1 with kernel 2.4 using alsa? If so, please respond to this post with
directions or a pointer. Also, if someone has been able to get their HP
ScanJet 3400C to work, please point me to a HOWTO or give me directions on
what you did to get it to work. Thanks.

1. Suse 7.1 with 2.4 kernel: masquerading

Hi!
I have a problem with masquerading with my suse distripution. Ususally there
are some modules like ip_masq_ftp, but I don't have those modules. Does the
2.4 kernel not need those modules? How can I start masqerading? (the line:
ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -i eth0 works, but I have to load those missing
modules too)
And I'm not able to start masquerading with the Suse-firewall. When I'm
enabling the Firewall (START_FW=yes) my internet does not work any more
because linux doesn't find the network interface cards.
I thank you for your help.

valentin schwarz

2. Compilation problems with news!

3. Standard Kernel 2.4.x on Suse 7.1

4. Linux for Sun Sparc

5. Suse Linux 7.1 and kernel 2.4 >> help needed for linmodem

6. reluctant floppy drive

7. Cannot find 'iptables' in Suse 7.1/kernel 2.4.0

8. Excellent website for LINUX Certification

9. Getting sound (OPL3SA2) to work on SuSE 7.1

10. Cannot install alsa driver on Redhat 7.1

11. Configuration of soundcard in SuSE 7.1

12. eepro dies in kernel 2.4 (RedHat 7.1)

13. downloading files of more than a few kb hangs on 2.4 kernel redhat 7.1