Is Weitek P9100 (for Diamond Viper Pro PCI) XFree86 server planned?

Is Weitek P9100 (for Diamond Viper Pro PCI) XFree86 server planned?

Post by Al Sar » Sat, 24 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I am wondering if the Weitek P9100 server is planned at all?  In other
words, is anyone already working on it?  I know that a commercial copy is
available, but it's not worth $199 to me (which is what the Hardware-HOWTO
lists it at).  Just wondering whether it's worth waiting, or if I should
just switch cards now.  Incidentally, does any of the unaccelerated
servers work for this chipset?

Thanks for any help you can send my way.

Post by Kai Harrekilde-Peterse » Wed, 28 Aug 1996 04:00:00

   I am wondering if the Weitek P9100 server is planned at all?  In other
   words, is anyone already working on it?

No.

   I know that a commercial copy is
   available, but it's not worth $199 to me (which is what the Hardware-HOWTO
   lists it at).  Just wondering whether it's worth waiting, or if I should
   just switch cards now.

Sadly, I would switch the card.

   Incidentally, does any of the unaccelerated
   servers work for this chipset?

I remember I got 3200x200x4 to "sorta-work".  Not that the monitor
liked it, though.

Kai
--

http://www.dolphinics.no/~khp/          Linux: the choice of a GNU generation
Route 287 - Where Men are Men and sheep are nervous ...

Is Weitek P9100 (for Diamond Viper Pro PCI) XFree86 server planned?

Post by Don Morr » Thu, 29 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I am running a Diamond Viper P9100 right now, it is supported by Xinside's
Accelerated X, (and by Metro X also I believe), these can be had for
$99 (Metro is included in the RedHat version 3.0.3 "Picasso" $49, and
Xinside in the Caldera set $99)

Don

Quote:>I am wondering if the Weitek P9100 server is planned at all?  In other
>words, is anyone already working on it?  I know that a commercial copy is
>available, but it's not worth $199 to me (which is what the Hardware-HOWTO
>lists it at).  Just wondering whether it's worth waiting, or if I should
>just switch cards now.  Incidentally, does any of the unaccelerated
>servers work for this chipset?

>Thanks for any help you can send my way.

1. Weitek P9100 (Diamond Viper Pro)

Just bought a new machine and after checking out the hardware HOWTO
ended up specifying a Diamond Viper PCI card, it turned up with a
Diamond Viper Pro PCI card in it however.  This means it uses a Weitek
P9100 rather than a Weitek P9000, and I am a little unsure about
compatibility.  The machine is currently at the shop so they can swap
sound cards - they may have tried to pull a fast one there, if so it has
ended up to be rather expensive.

Preferably I would like to use Xfree86, it appears that Accelerated-X
1.2 supports this card however I didn't bargain on paying $199.

Cheers

Zeb.
--
Zebedee Mason
Thermo Fluid Mechanics Research Centre, School of Engineering,

2. Installing a 2nd Hard Drive

3. Diamond Viper Pro Video (Weitek P9100) and X-Window

4. Linux Admin

5. test5

6. Need help installing X w/Diamond Viper Pro PCI (P9100 chipset)

7. minicom doesn't scroll

8. Diamond Viper PRO Video? (P9100, *not* P9000)

9. Diamond PCI Viper P9100

10. Weitek P9100/Xfree86

11. HELP: Diamond Viper *Pro* PCI...

12. Diamond Viper Pro PCI