Intel Ether Express ISA Pro 10 + ?

Post by Tom Permu » Sun, 12 Jul 1998 04:00:00

installed such a thing here yesterday.  None of the likely drivers from
2.0.34 seems to recognize it; and I got a eepro.c from cesdis that claims
to support it but won't compile (gcc 2.7.something, lots of undeclareds
and parse errors).

Thanks for any help.  I'd also be glad to hear anything at all about

mini-HOWTO).
--
Tom Permutt

Intel Ether Express ISA Pro 10 + ?

Post by Tom Permu » Wed, 15 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I have it working now.  Thanks to those who replied by e-mail, especially
the author.  I humbly apologize for saying it wouldn't compile, because I
boneheadedly forgot to make dep.

There are some tricks:  it appears to be desirable to turn off PnP,
although isapnp will work if the driver is configured as a module.  It
also seems highly desirable to pass the irq and io parameters as
arguments, rather than letting the driver probe.

--
Tom Permutt