REQ: help on installing sound card

Post by Fabi » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I have a sound card SB pro compatibile and RedHat 5.1 .
Also If I run sndconfig and set it up with the right options, there's
no way to make it working. (the trouble appears when trying to launch
the sample .au file, just after the settings: error running MODPROBE )

I' ve tried also to install it by reconfiguring the kernel but ALL
docs and books I've read gives me the instruction of run the program
'make config'. Well, I' ve tried to do this in many ways, but alwais
with the result:  " *** no rule to make target 'config' Stop. " .

What I have to do ?

Many thanks

  Fabio Spelta

Post by gus » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> I have a sound card SB pro compatibile and RedHat 5.1 .
> Also If I run sndconfig and set it up with the right options, there's
> no way to make it working. (the trouble appears when trying to launch
> the sample .au file, just after the settings: error running MODPROBE )

> I' ve tried also to install it by reconfiguring the kernel but ALL
> docs and books I've read gives me the instruction of run the program
> 'make config'. Well, I' ve tried to do this in many ways, but alwais
> with the result:  " *** no rule to make target 'config' Stop. " .

> What I have to do ?

> Many thanks

>   Fabio Spelta

Sounds like you are not in the correct directory. Try /usr/src/linux

If you still get "no rule to make target", I would get concerned that
your kernal source code is missing.

What if you try to "make menuconfig"? Same response?

If yes, then I would obtain a new copy of your kernal and re-install the
source code.

gus

1. REQ: help on installing sound card

I post this message for the second time, hoping that someone have
mercy :) :

I have a sound card SB pro compatibile and RedHat 5.1 .
Also If I run sndconfig and set it up with the right options, there's
no way to make it working. (the trouble appears when trying to launch
the sample .au file, just after the settings: error running MODPROBE )

I' ve tried also to install it by reconfiguring the kernel but ALL
docs and books I've read gives me the instruction of run the program
'make config'. Well, I' ve tried to do this in many ways, but alwais
with the result:  " *** no rule to make target 'config' Stop. " .

What I have to do ?

Many thanks

  Fabio Spelta

2. csh sources for tcsh ??

3. Sound Card Help: ALSA driver, ESSOLO 1938 PCI Sound Card

4. Testing, please ignore it.

5. REQ: Experience with Chaintech AV515M 6Ch sound Card with OP101 SPDIF.

6. Kpilot

7. ??: `cat sound.au >/dev/audio` Noisy After New Sound Card Installed??

8. nohup

9. REQ: newbie help w/sound config

10. NewBie REQ For Help! re: Modem/Sound/Admin.

11. Reveal Sound card install help

12. Sound card driver install help needed

13. Installing Roland Rap-10 midi card and C-media CM8330 sound card