VGA -> BNC cable HOWTO?

Post by Lahaye Olivie » Wed, 04 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I've succeffully installed Linux on an Intel Box.
Unfortunately, the 17inches monitor is a little bit small ;-)
I've found a 21 inches monitor, but it has only BNC connectors.

So my question is:

Where can I find a FAQ or a HOWTO describing the good connexions
so I can build my own connector.

Thanks a lot.

(I'm also interrested for the connexions for a 19inches mono frequency monitor)

VGA -> BNC cable HOWTO?

Post by Ryan C. Thomps » Wed, 04 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> Hello,

> I've succeffully installed Linux on an Intel Box.
> Unfortunately, the 17inches monitor is a little bit small ;-)
> I've found a 21 inches monitor, but it has only BNC connectors.

> So my question is:

> Where can I find a FAQ or a HOWTO describing the good connexions
> so I can build my own connector.

> Thanks a lot.

> (I'm also interrested for the connexions for a 19inches mono frequency

monitor)

  You can find the information on both of these using the PC Video FAQ at
http://www.heartlab.rri.uwo.ca/vidfaq/  Someone pointed me to this page a
few days ago. It's great.

Ryan

Ryan C. Thompson            GCATT co-op
http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gt7196b/
SEE ROCK CITY!-->  http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~dsadmdl/

VGA -> BNC cable HOWTO?

Post by Mark Vojkovi » Thu, 05 Jun 1997 04:00:00

>Hello,

>I've succeffully installed Linux on an Intel Box.
>Unfortunately, the 17inches monitor is a little bit small ;-)
>I've found a 21 inches monitor, but it has only BNC connectors.

>So my question is:

>Where can I find a FAQ or a HOWTO describing the good connexions
>so I can build my own connector.

   From the owner's manual on my Diamond Stealth:

        5  4  3  2  1
         10  9  8  7  6
        15 14 13 12 11

Looking at the back of the video card. The connector is probably
numbered.

1: Red +
2: Green +
3: Blue +
4: Monitor ID bit 2 (not important in your case)
5: Ground
6: Red -
7: Green -
8: Blue -
9: Not used
10: Sync return
11: Monitor ID bit (not important)
12: Monitor ID bit 1 (not important)
13: Horizontal Sync
14: Vertical Sync
15: Not used

  So the Red +/- make up the Red BNC. Ditto for the Blue and Green.
Pins 13/10 make up the Horizontal sync. Pins 14/10 make up the
vertical sync.

Quote:

>Thanks a lot.

>(I'm also interrested for the connexions for a 19inches mono frequency monitor)

  Then check out the fixed frequency PC Video FAQ:
        http://www.devo.com/video/

                        MArk

1. Samba problem: WinXP <-> ADSL <-> Internet <-> Cable <-> Linux

Hi.  I've spent the past day trying to get a group
of computers accessing each others' shares with
little success.

I have two networks:

a) Windows XP and 98 machines behind a USB
    ADSL net connection.  The XP machine acts as
    the ICS host.

b) Linux (with Samba installed) and Windows XP
    machines behind a cable modem.

I want the machines on network 'a' to be able to
access the shares on the machines on network 'b',
as well as each machine appear in the XP/98
Network Places.

Each network is assigned a dynamic IP, but they're
mapped to static addresses thanks to no-ip.org, and
they're also (obviously) on different subnets.  I think I
understand that if I configure Linux as a WINS server
then NetBIOS over TCP/IP should allow those
machines on network 'a' to see those machines on
network 'b' through Network Places.

So far, I've had no success.  I can, however, see the
Linux shares from network 'a' via

  Net View <IP address of Linux box>

but a call to smbclient -L <some machine on net 'a'>
fails with "Connection to <machine> failed".

Could anyone *please* help me resolve this problem?
I would greatly appreciate any feedback that *anyone*
could give.

2. using 'exetoc' on EXB 8500 tape drives

3. 17" monitors with BNC and VGA

4. sh script to handle aufs vol (spaces and quotes in filenames)

5. S3-928, 4meg, VGA/BNC RGB Connectors forsale

6. Login problems

7. Cable Modem --> Router --> Hub --> Computer w/RHL 7.0

8. Powerdown not working on RH 8.0 on Presario 2700

9. AIX configuration of Ethernet Adapters for BNC cable types

10. BNC cable connector

11. Cable Tester RJ11 RJ45 BNC Cat 5 Phone Token

12. BNC Cable Limit in a peer to peer n/w

13. BNC cable length limit