Agfa 1212U scanner question

Post by Kristjan Runarsso » Fri, 23 Feb 2001 21:04:44

I am the proud owner of an Agfa 1212U USB scanner and would like to get
the sucker to work under LINUX.
I went to:

http://hem.fyristorg.com/henrikj/snapscan/

Where the drivers for this thing can be downloaded. One of the steps
required to get the 1212u up and working is to upload a Firmware file
called:

SnapScan 1212U_2.bin

Is this firmware like I know it from CD/DVD devices and such where if
the computer crashed and the transfer was broken one could poteintially
be stuck with a useless piece of hardware? I am therefor hesitant to
take this step.

Has anyone gotten an Agfa 1212u to work under LINUX? If so any "micro
howto" based on your experience would be appreciated.

Cheers
Kristjan

1. USB Scanner Pb (Agfa SnapScan 1212U)

Hi

I've got the USB support build as module (I am using a RedHat v6.1 and the
kernel 2.2.14 with the backport of USB from kernel 2.3.39)
The driver correctly recognizes the Scanner but I can't use it with SANE.
How can I do ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Olivier

2. getting debian woody -->iso<--

3. USB Scanner (AGFA SnapScan 1212u) and SANE?

4. Linux Mandrake Sucks!!!!

5. agfa focus color (agfa-scanner)

6. Anyone have SWBell ADSL on Mandrake (or other Linux)?

7. Agfa SnapScan 1212U

8. My Upgrade Experience RH 7.2 Enigma -> 7.3 Valhalla

9. scan agfa 1212u (USB)

10. Scanner software for a AGFA DuoScan scanner

11. Agfa SCSI Scanner 1236. Xsane hangs

12. Install of an SCSI Agfa scanner ???

13. Problems with configuration of agfa snapscan touch scanner