results QLogic Fast SCSI Basic PCI - AM53C974

results QLogic Fast SCSI Basic PCI - AM53C974

Post by Carsten Scholt » Thu, 29 Feb 1996 04:00:00

To all people having a QLogic Fast SCSI Basic PCI Controller.
Here are my investigation results on using it under Linux:

The SCSI chip on this controller is (compatible with) AM53C974.

Official support starts with kernel version 1.3.59 .

Distributions will probably be updated as soon as kernel
version 1.4.xx is available (in about 1 to 3 months ?).

Updating to newer kernels will only work for
people having already a running linux system.
Others will need a (distribution ?) special installation
kernel / disk(s).

Very intersting hints and pointers can be found on
Klaus Liedl's WWW page:
  http://www-c724.uibk.ac.at/XL/

If anything of the above is not true and you know better,
please post it.

I got my controller to work (with the help of a linux
system installed on an IDE HD) using kernel 1.3.20
and patch AM53C974_0.4.tgz .

Carsten Scholtes

1. Qlogic Fast!SCSI PCI Basic

Is ANYONE having ANY success getting this card to work with LINUX?
Is ANYONE willing to admit that they are working on a driver for this
board? I would be happy to test one out (hint!)...

I have a Qlogic card that tells me it is using interrupt 15 when the
system boots, but I still get the dreaded SCSI : 0 message when LINUX
starts up... I have tried so many scsi card kernels that my desk looks
like a floppy disk burial ground...

  Hardware configuration is:

  INTEL PCI motherboard with P-100 processor. 16mb memory
  QLOGIC Fast!SCSI PCI Basic card on Irq15
  STEALTH 64 DRAM (2mb) version using 784 series chip.
  SoundBlaster 16 MultiCD with Mitsumi drive and ASP chip
  IOMEGA 250 floppy cable leach tape backup unit.

THANKS!

2. Need help on setup network with only one IP ...

3. PCI Qlogic SCSI Basic ignored by scsi

4. Problems in kernel memory allocation

5. Qlogic Fast!SCSI Basic card

6. How to connect to internet by using ppp on redhat 4.2

7. HELP: Qlogic PCI!BASIC and Linux -> scsi: 0 hosts

8. Can any one help me about Xconfig for S3 ?

9. Qlogic Basic PCI Scsi and installing Linux

10. Qlogic Fast!SCSI - IQ PCI

11. **** Qlogic fast/wide PCI SCSI: the fastest controller? ****

12. Qlogic Fast!SCSI IQ PCI-D

13. QLogic Fast SCSI PCI and Linux