Linux Laptops - Panasonic CF-45 Toughbook.

Linux Laptops - Panasonic CF-45 Toughbook.

Post by Richar » Mon, 23 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a laptop, and the specs / price of this machine seem
attractive... esp. considering it has lots of 'ruggedized features.' (1200
/ $2000 approx).

Does anyone have experience with this machine and Linux? (Or just experience
of it generally - eg. good/bad keyboard, display, etc).

Perhaps you have recommendations of other good laptops for using with Linux?
(I'm looking at the 1500 ($2500 approx.) at the most I can afford).
Display, keyboard, and battery life have to be the key features I'm
interested in.

Any info. greatly appreciated...

Richard.
ANTISPAM EMAIL: richard dot owen at mcmail dot com

1. Linux Distro with Support for CF-28/CF-29 Panasonic Toughbook TouchScreen?

Does anyone know if any Linux Distro has support for the touchscreen on
a Panasonic toughbook?  Alternatively has anyone managed to get a CF-28
or CF29 touchscreen working by patching the kernel with any of the
modules out there and if so can you provide procedure.

Any info anybody could provide would be appreciated.

2. sighup using expect

3. Panasonic CF-45 Video settings

4. Redhat 7.3 on 16mb

5. FS: Panasonic CF-25 Ruggedized Laptop; Linux -ready

6. redhat7.3 nfs server time outs

7. Getting Linux onto a Panasonic CF-M32 Mini-Laptop

8. Files for LAN-Party

9. Linux on a Panasonic CF45 toughbook (neomagic graphics)

10. RedHat 6.2 & Panasonic CF-35 laptop pcmcia cards (network & modem)

11. Laptop XF86Config: Panasonic CF-41 mk III, 12.1" LCD

12. Panasonic toughbook and freeBSD.

13. Panasonic Toughbook and FreeBSD