Q:NE2000 clone windows resets IRQ.

Post by David M F » Thu, 02 May 1996 04:00:00

I have a set of PC's running Linux and dos/WfW.  It seems that when I use the
WFW network support, my NE2000 (Jumperless) clone gets the IRQ and memory address reset to 300 IRQ 5.  So, when I boot Linux, It conflicts with my modem.  To fix this I have to reboot to DOS and run the little setup program to reset the IRQand memory address to 280,11.

Questions, does any body have a utiltiy to set these vaules on the card
or have some details on the interface to program these devices.
Also, if a utility exists, could I add this to the boot process so that
it will just set these values on my card at boot time?

Thanks for you support

--
Dave Fox

http://www.et.byu.edu/~foxd

1. Sharing IRQ on ne2000 PCI clones ?

I have a linux machine running kernel 2.0.33. The machine has 2 ne2000
PCI clone cards. They work just fine as long as each card has it's own
IRQ. I would like to let them share a single IRQ, as i am running ot
of IRQ's!

I know the cards both support IRQ sharing, and I can configure the
cards so that they share a single IRQ, but! the ne2000 driver does not
support IRQ sharing (as f.ex. the tulip driver).

Is there a patch i can apply, or do i have to fix it myself? If the
latter is required, where can i obtain info on IRQ sharing using the
linux kernel?

Thanks in advance.

|-        Work       -----          Home          -----       University     -|
|Helge Jensen           | Helge Jensen               |Helge Jensen            |
|Webmaster              | Gudrunsvej 48, 6. TH       |BNF in TAAGEKAMMERET    |
|Tele Danmark Internet  | 8220 Brabrand              |email:                  |

2. 3c595 Cards

3. NE2000 clone - IRQ problems - theories?

4. FAQ for this group?

5. NE2000 CLONE

6. How to collect these information machine-independently

7. 2.5.1 x86 & a NE2000 clone...

8. Making Linux more usable for newbies

9. NE2000 Clone Question

10. Cheap NE2000 clones?

11. Kernel 2.4.6 & NE2000 clones

12. Enabling promiscuous mode on NE2000 clone

13. TCP/IP with NE2000/NE2100 clone?