Installed New X server, still not working

Installed New X server, still not working

Post by Wizae » Wed, 26 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I've recently installed RedHat Linux 6.1 recenty, and noticed that my
video card (an Intel 810) was not supported.  SO Installed the new
XFree86 3.3.6, and have a newly compiled agpgart.o module which I have
succesfully installed, and yet I cannot get anything other that 640x480
8bpp while running X... I've tried setting it to all sort of resolutions
and still cannot get anything out of it...  The 810 even isn't listed in
the chipsets...

I've added a devide section to my XF86Config file... here's what I added
(as per the documentation)

Section "Device"
  Identifier "i810"
EndSection

When I load the agpgart.o module, the screen shows:

Linux AGP Gart interface 0.03 (c) Jeff Hartman
-- Experimental distribution, only i810 enabled
agpgart (i810): detected 4MB dedicated to video ram
Got pages for a 64 megabyte mapping for the agp aperature

Anyone have any solutions?  My kernel version is 2.2.12-20

I am completely stumped... I tried the drivers from Intel's site, which
didn't work, and have tried this... I have been trying to get this going
foe several days and am quite frustrated by now...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. RedHat New Install not working...

I got the Red hat linux powertools 6-disc set and have been trying
(unsuccessfully) to install on my P-166 machine.  Here's the h/w
configuration:
-ASUS SP97-V motherboard
-32MB RAM
- 24X IDE CDROM (ATAPI)
- 3.5" Floppy
- 2.1GB IDE disk (for DOS/ Win95)
- 1.0 GB IDE disk (for linux)

both HD's are on the same IDE controller
24X CDROM is on the other IDE controller

I get into the install and get the following errors in the system log
virtual console:
<4>hdb: irq timeout: status=0xd0 {busy}
<4>ide0:reset:success
the above messages repeat several times during the install and then I
get some messages that look like the following:
<6>attempt to access beyond enf of device
<6>03:41:rw=0,want=2147255,limit=922288

I have also seen the following messages:
<2>EXT2-fs error (device 03:41):ext2_find_entry:bad entry in directory
#62581:inode out of bounds....

I have to add that I have looked at several of the HOWTO's and could
find nothing about the above messages.  The installation always fails
and gives messages in the Installation dialog console about sending a
signal 11 and then it freezes.

I have tried to install from both the CDROM and from the DOS disk
after copying files from the CDROM to the DOS partition.

I can use the 1GB disk as a dos disk after it has been fdisk'd and
formatted for DOS use.  So, I don't think there's anything wrong with
the disk drive.

Has anyone seen these errors?  What do I do?

Thanks for your help.

2. sysvinit logging

3. New Linux install, hardware not working.

4. HELP: Anyone using 3Com 3C905-TX cards?

5. PHP4 not working on new RedHat 7.2 install

6. Low priority for some users

7. kbd not working on new install

8. Need Modeline(s) for Seiko 17" trinitron monitor

9. Sendmail help - alias works for install-created users, does not for new users.

10. Old html not working on new server

11. new install of AIX 4.3.3, ESC key not working

12. tar xvf not working on new RH6.1 install

13. MPlayer not working after new codecs installed