Screen shot of my last attempt at installing RH Linux 7.1

Screen shot of my last attempt at installing RH Linux 7.1

Post by Joseph La » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 12:42:42

Hi,

Regarding the last post I did on the Asus A7V-133 motherboard with a Duron
800 processor and 128 MB of RAM.

I disabled the onboard audio also and it looked like it installed fine, but
after rebooting, it gave me the following message regarding a Kernel Panic.

Can anyone with experience please interpret the screen shot for me? I
suspect it is the HDD. I noticed a physical part of it was broken - a piece
of the plastic housing that receives the ribbon cable, and perhaps some of
the soldered connections may not be done to quality.

md driver 0.90.0 MAX_MD_DEVS=256, MD_SB_DISKS=27
md.c: sizeof(mdp_super_t) = 4096
autodetecting RAID arrays
autorun ...
... autorun DONE.
NET4: Linux TCP/IP 1.0 for NET4.0
IP Protocols: ICMP, UDP, TCP, IGMP
IP: routing cache hash table of 512 buckets, 4Kbytes
Linux IP multicast router 0.06 plus PIM-SM
NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0.
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Red Hat nach version 3.0.10 starting
ERROR: /bin/insmod exited abnormally!
change_root: old root has d_count=3
Trying to unmount old root ... okay
Freeing unused kernel memory: 236k freed
hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: dma_intr: error=0x40 { UncorrectableError }, LBAsect=1274918,
sector=1066008
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:05 (hda), sector 1066008
Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.

1. Swapping graphics and screen captures between RH Linux 7.1 and Windows

I have the following hardware and software:

- Armada 1700 laptop with NT 4.0 and Linux Redhat 7.1 (I boot Linux with a
floppy).
- PC running ME

My client's app runs on Linux; I want to document it on my PC using Windows
programs (Word, Paintshop Pro, etc) either on the laptop or more probably on
my Windows ME PC. Basically I want to make screen captures in Linux and get
them into my Windows-based documents.

1) How do I make screen captures in Linux and what file format are they
saved in?
2) Do I use a regular floppy (or zip disk) to transfer the files to a
WIndows environment?
3) Does Redhat 7.1 support internal zip drives?
4) My Linux desktop is pretty bare; where do I enter a shutdown command? All
I could figure out was to do a CTRL-ALT-DEL and exit that way.

Sorry some of these are so basic; I've looked at Linux resources first. I
selected the modules in Linux to install dealing with graphics and with
DOS/Windows.

Ken

2. xf86config file for nvdia?

3. CD install hangs for RH 7.1 but works fine for RH 7.0 -- why?

4. function keys in curses

5. Attempting to Install Debian Linux - One Last Time

6. DOS access problems with LILO

7. installing snort on a FRESH install of RH 7.1 Seawolf

8. Linux + Win95

9. Installing Linux on a PS ValuePoint... Last attempt

10. Screen blanking, RH 7.1 & Gnome

11. xvidtune modeline settings in XF86Config and problem with screen centering in RH 7.1

12. Help, Radeon RH 7.1, XFree86 4.0.3, Black Screen

13. [Fwd: Last attempt to install obsd right....Please, any help??]