Soundcard?

Post by Gert » Tue, 14 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi.

I have recently installed Linux for the first time and I am trying to
get my soundcard (Opti 925) to work with RedHat 6.0. I've tried almost
every setting, and I do hear some sound, but it seems to play in extreme
slow-motion. (Keeps* all the time, repeating every second).
Audio CD's play like a dream, but audiofiles seem to be a problem. MIDI
is totally out of the question.

What should I do?

Gert

Soundcard?

Post by QuestionExchang » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

You have many options really.  I truly like what ALSA
has done with sound (www.alsa-project.org) because
sometimes the OSS Modules are not all they are cracked up
to be.  I would try ALSA.  Get back to me if you need help
configuring
it.

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com
  http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=9449&cus...

1. adding a second soundcard and losing the first soundcard

i'm running redhat 8.0 with onboard sound via8233.  since via8233
doesn't work with alsa well or with the drivers that came with redhat
at all, i tried to add a second sound card.  after adding the card, kadzu
appeared and first said that multimedia controller via8233 had been
removed, then it said that the second card had been added.  i did not
remove the configuration for via8233 and added the configuration for
the second card.  a lspci listed that the new card was present but the
via8233 wasn't there.

i removed the new card and now have my machine back to where it was.
my question is how can i add the second card without losing the first
one.  what happened to the first card when i added the second?

Thanks.

2. Racal Interlan Ethercard

3. best soundcard for linux?

4. Evergreen 486--->586 on SCO?

5. Aztech PnP soundcard

6. New package of beta-level NFS client updates out for 2.4.19-rc1

7. Soundcards and CD-Roms

8. Cookbook Recipe for Dual-Boot setup

9. SonicSound LX Diamond Soundcard

10. Mozart (Oak techn) soundcards and ATAPI CD

11. soundcard with digi. output wanted

12. AZT2320R2 SoundCard --will it work at all?

13. Idiot Seeks Help 5: Soundcards