> newbie here trying to get the linuxant driverloaded to work. I managed
> to install it with rpm and it appears to be working ok. How do I setup
> driverloaded to load my broadcom drivers now?
> PS: why doesn't broadcom supply drivers for their products?!?!?!?!
You have to use the web or the command line interface that linuxant
mentions on their website or that I saw when I installed the debian
package. You can use the dldrconfig -info command I believe to get
additional information. But basically what I do with Linuxant:
1) download the driver and get the Windows drivers that you will need in
a zip archive
2) install the driverloader driver and start mozilla pointing to the URL
that they tell you to use.
3) add the license details or whatever.
4) add the windows drivers you need
5) adjust the default configuration parameters where needed.
I also add things to debian's network interfaces so the card comes up
right. BTW, I am using Linuxant with a Linksys WPC54G card with
You may want to subscribe to their mailing list as well. I've found
linuxant tech support to be pretty helpful in configuring and using the
drivers with a variety of cards.
As far as why broadcom doesn't do the driver thing...
No idea there.
Michael Perry | do or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda