Yamaha sound card?

Post by devdu » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Is there somewhere I can get a driver for a Yamaha sound card?
I neeed sound!!!!

Thanks

devdut

Yamaha sound card?

Post by Jaspe » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Is there somewhere I can get a driver for a Yamaha sound card?
> I neeed sound!!!!

The only way to get sound out of a Yamaha soundcard in Linux is to buy OSS.
Because OSS is expensive a new soundcard may be a better option....
Jasper

Yamaha sound card?

Post by linux97nos.. » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Depending on the model,  the commercial oss will support yamaha cards.  I t
cost me $20  to buy the driver - cheaper than most sound cards

go to  http://www.opensound.com/

> > Is there somewhere I can get a driver for a Yamaha sound card?
> > I neeed sound!!!!

> The only way to get sound out of a Yamaha soundcard in Linux is to buy OSS.
> Because OSS is expensive a new soundcard may be a better option....
> Jasper

Yamaha sound card?

Post by Nick Chal » Sun, 18 Jun 2000 04:00:00

>> Is there somewhere I can get a driver for a
>> Yamaha sound card?  I neeed sound!!!!

> The only way to get sound out of a Yamaha
> soundcard in Linux is to buy OSS.  Because OSS
> is expensive a new soundcard may be a better
> option....

If the Yamaha sound card is based on one of the
YMF7** devices, then ALSA now offers support. I've
recently built the v0.5.8a drivers, which work
with my WF192XG. There's something of a module
either seg faults or reports missing symbols - but
once loaded it appears to work fine.

It is limited to PCM at the moment - no MIDI - but
this is a good start.

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ........................ Radio Designer
 Confidence is failing to understand the problem.

1. Sound Driver for Yamaha sound card

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone have a working sound driver for a Yamaha sound
card on Linux.  The card is a Yamaha "YMF718/719" plug and play sound
card (ISA).

I am running the kernel 2.0.32 now.

Please send all the information to my email address

Thanks,

andrew

2. Moving etc

3. Yamaha Sound Card Kills My X Server

4. XF86Setup and Slackware 4.0

5. Yamaha sound card: timeout flushing dbuf_out

6. for help about login linux by rs232 serial port

7. Yamaha sound card and duplex

8. trouble with rsh and /bin/ksh

9. Yamaha Sound Card setup

10. Support for Yamaha Sound Card?