Looking for 1U rack server

Post by Rithba » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 08:11:06

Looking at VA Linux and Penguin Computing 1U servers (in USA).

Any caveats with either company?
Any other recommendations?

Looking for 1U rack server

Post by John Taylo » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 13:17:50

: Looking at VA Linux and Penguin Computing 1U servers (in USA).

: Any caveats with either company?
: Any other recommendations?

We have had 2 Dell 2450 (2U servers), which runs our search engine under
moderate load, up for over 400 days without a reboot.  The next servers we
buy will be Dell's 1U servers.  There are very reliable.  We have purchased
10 Dell servers over the past 1.5 years, each at a fully loaded drive-bay
capacity, and have had to only swap out one bad drive.  Nothing else has had
to be replaced.  Time between reboots generally run into the 3 to 6 month
period.

--

John Taylor