yum and Nvidia

Post by General Schvantzkop » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 05:16:23

>> Yep you should be able to just add it (I would do this from the CLI) but
>> of course just as a precaution it would be an idea to back up the
>> xorg.conf file first :) after you have added it you should then be able
>> to restart Xserver and away you go.

>> SentinelT

> Ok that worked great I got a lot more desktop now thanks guys.

> Now if I can fix my sound card all will be well in Linux Land

Your sound might just be muted. In a terminal window run alsamixer. Set
all of the levels to max and unmute everything (you'll see an MM on the
bar if it's muted, to unmute it type m). I've found that alsamixer works
a lot better then the GUIs.

yum and Nvidia

Post by Jeanette Russ » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 06:02:20

" >

Quote:> Your sound might just be muted. In a terminal window run alsamixer. Set
> all of the levels to max and unmute everything (you'll see an MM on the
> bar if it's muted, to unmute it type m). I've found that alsamixer works
> a lot better then the GUIs.

I wish I would have known to try that before I installed the OSS drivers now
those are loaded

yum and Nvidia

Post by chuckca » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 06:31:43

Quote:

> " >
>> Your sound might just be muted. In a terminal window run alsamixer.
>> Set all of the levels to max and unmute everything (you'll see an MM
>> on the bar if it's muted, to unmute it type m). I've found that
>> alsamixer works a lot better then the GUIs.

> I wish I would have known to try that before I installed the OSS
> drivers now those are loaded

aumix allows you to change the volume settings the same way as with oss.
You can get it (if it didn't come with your dist) from
freshmeat.net/sourceforge.net

--
(setq (chuck nil)  car(chuck) )