C-Media Sound Card

Post by Robert Battl » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I'm a linux newbie and I'm having some problems with my C-Media I3880
built-in sound card.  I recently downloaded Corel Linux a couple days ago
and upgraded the kernel to 2.2.14 but I am having problems with my sound
card.  I cannot get it to work even though I checked the option to use a
C-Media sound card when I installed the new kernel.  I tried getting
opensource drivers but I don't know if I installed them properly because
when I *thought* I installed them, they didn't work.  I've looked in the
Linux Sound HOWTO but to no avail.  If someone could help me, that would be
much appreciated.

C-Media Sound Card

Post by scot » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> I'm a linux newbie and I'm having some problems with my C-Media I3880
> built-in sound card.  I recently downloaded Corel Linux a couple days ago
> and upgraded the kernel to 2.2.14 but I am having problems with my sound
> card.  I cannot get it to work even though I checked the option to use a
> C-Media sound card when I installed the new kernel.  I tried getting
> opensource drivers but I don't know if I installed them properly because
> when I *thought* I installed them, they didn't work.  I've looked in the
> Linux Sound HOWTO but to no avail.  If someone could help me, that would be
> much appreciated.

Did you build them as modules?  My CS sound card would only work this
way.

Scott

C-Media Sound Card

Post by Edward Le » Wed, 26 Jan 2000 04:00:00

You can download the driver at http://204.216.187.141/setpnp.html.

> I'm a linux newbie and I'm having some problems with my C-Media I3880
> built-in sound card.  I recently downloaded Corel Linux a couple days ago
> and upgraded the kernel to 2.2.14 but I am having problems with my sound
> card.  I cannot get it to work even though I checked the option to use a
> C-Media sound card when I installed the new kernel.  I tried getting
> opensource drivers but I don't know if I installed them properly because
> when I *thought* I installed them, they didn't work.  I've looked in the
> Linux Sound HOWTO but to no avail.  If someone could help me, that would be
> much appreciated.

1. Installing a C-Media sound card / Suse 9.1

I have not done this before so I may be missing something obvious.YAST
allows me to "add sound card", and I choose the correct model
(CMI8738). After selecting automatic setup I get the error message
that kernel module snd-cmipci for sound support could not be loaded.
The CD that came with the sound card has a linux README file that
appears to explain things for a different distribution, because I can
not find the directories it refers to. Can anyone advise on how to
install the card?

Thanks,

Abe

2. R390

3. [2.5] ALSA and C-Media sound cards

4. A LUG in Vermont

5. C-Media Sound Card Problems

6. Test

7. Installing Roland Rap-10 midi card and C-media CM8330 sound card

8. Linux now a Microsoft product?

9. C-Media CMI8738 sound card for HP Vectra machine

10. i cant use my c-media 9738 sound card

11. C-Media CMI8738 sound board

12. C-Media 9737: No sound for me?

13. C-Media chipsets (sound) drivers?