NexGen motherboard problems

Post by Luis gutierr » Tue, 10 Oct 1995 04:00:00

 Hi,

I am planning to buy a NexGen 586-90MHZ motherboard and would like to know
if anybody has had any problems on the setup or any other problem that they
may have encountered

                or

                     * Luis Gutierrez :

                     * Luis Gutierrez :

Post by Reich Matthi » Sat, 14 Oct 1995 04:00:00

>: I am planning to buy a NexGen 586-90MHZ motherboard and would like to know
>: if anybody has had any problems on the setup or any other problem that they
>: may have encountered
>Most people who buy a NexGen have trouble finding the maths coprocessor
>and the PCI slots. Other than that they seem to work fine. Note that
>what is sold as a NexGen-90 usually runs at 83MHz, not 90. NexGen claims
>that integer performance is equivalent to a Pentium-90.

hi guys, I'm already running linux on that motherboard.. no probs, ok, no
co-pro, but that doesn't make any problems so far, (i still ran no math-apps :)

Kernel 1.2.8 , but I'm soon switching to one of the 1.3.x series... will
report experiences if there occur problems ... :)

BTW : It's a VL-Bus based  board...  and yes, the proc runs at about 83-84 MHz

matthias

1. NexGen motherboard problems

 Hi,

I am planning to buy a NexGen 586-90MHZ motherboard and would like to know
if anybody has had any problems on the setup or any other problem that they
may have encountered

                or

                     * Luis Gutierrez :

                     * Luis Gutierrez :

2. Problem with the gated daemon

3. bourne shell programming

4. "Listen" question

5. NEXGEN Motherboards and Ethernet problems

6. Info ... IP Addresses for Masquerading

7. Cyrix 6x86 and AMD/NexGen PCI Motherboard with Nx586

8. Has anyone successfully installed Linux on NexGen motherboard?

9. NexGen, Cyrix MotherBoards

10. Linux Compatibility with NexGen 586 Motherboards

11. Nexgen 586 motherboards, any comments?