Canon BJ200e

Post by Mark A. DeLou » Fri, 14 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I just purchased and setup a new BubbleJet200e printer.  I got the bjf
>filter from sunsite and ordinary text prints excellently. There are still
>a few things I'd like to do with it.

I'm afraid I can't explicitly help you with anything that you listed.
However, I have a Canon bj200ex which I use with Linux.  To print text
I either use a simple text filter to get the carriage return right, or
use a2ps and pipe the results into GhostScript.
When I want to print ps for any reason, I use:
        gs -sDEVICE=bj200 -sOutputFile=/dev/lp1 foo.ps
(I believe.)

It should be relatively simple to set up a filter for the printer which is
called whenever you do an "lp file.ext".  It's basically just a little
shell script that outputs what you want to print.  Depending on .ext,
you could have it call your text converter or gs, and ship the file
to the printer.
        ---Mark

________________       /-----\        o        /-----\       __________________
Mark A. DeLoura \_____/  ***  \_____ \|/ _____/  ***  \_____/ Reinvent yourself

  L*ADS, Games Development Mgr   | | Run Mind/Body/Spirit Jazz RSI Veggie

Canon BJ200e

Post by Peter L. Buschm » Fri, 14 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I just purchased and setup a new BubbleJet200e printer.  I got the bjf
filter from sunsite and ordinary text prints excellently. There are still
a few things I'd like to do with it.

1. Anybody have a /etc/printcap entry for a BJ200e that I can make mine from?
2. Are there any good scripts for managing printing so one command is capable
   of printing many different file types? "bjf < xxxx > /dev/printer" is a
   pain.
3. Anyone have any experience setting up the magicfilter program?

---
 Peter L. Buschman        .   .--.

Canon BJ200e

Post by Ari Rubenste » Sun, 16 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I'm using a Canon BJ200, and my girlfriend is using a Canon BJ200e.We
are using apsfilter, which is a magicfilter - able to deal with text
with a variety of options (2 pages text/piece of parer, landscape,
etc), as well as postscript, dvi, etc., etc.  It is self installing,
and very easy to set up.  Almost reminiscent of mindless microsoft
installations.  Anyways, I would recomment it to anyone with a
relatively common printer.  I got it from sunsite.unc.edu insomething
like /pub/Linux/distributions/slackware/source/extra-stuff/apsfilter.
I'm not sure about the last bit, but hunt around in the slackware
subdir, and you'll find it.

Good luck! :-)

1. Linux and Canon BJ200e

Hello, all...

Anybody out there have a good working setup for the bj200e?  I've been
fighting with it for a couple weeks now, and have very little to show (well, I
can print ASCII).  I've tried several different filters, and different
gs setups, but still can't print anything postscript.  It's annoying to have
to go into Win95 to do any sort of nice-looking printing.  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.  Oh, and by the way...I have already RTFM, but
nothing I've tried has worked.

Thanks,
Jim
| James N. Dolas, III  | Purdue University, School of ECE    | Cynicism with |

2. Help Hard Disk Not Ready ???

3. Canon BJ200e + gs = problem

4. basic information on Slackware...

5. installing a canon bj200e

6. what program occupies which portnumber

7. How can I use my Canon BJ200e with SCO open server 5?

8. Posix.1e .1f status

9. Solaris 2.4 x86 & canon bj200e

10. Print PostScript on Canon BJ200e

11. Canon BJ200e - Caldera 2.2

12. Canon BJ200e ghostscript driver

13. Canon BJ-10ex vs Canon BJ-200e (Linux/DOS support, Postscript files)