Viper330 AGP

Post by Filip Maerten » Mon, 17 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi *,

I'm fairly new to installing Linux on machines and I was wondering;
would Linux ( slackware 3.5 dist. ) give me any problems with my Viper
330 -AGP- Video card?  Or, will the AGP-Bus give me any problems at all
running X or the svgalib?

Thanks in advance,

Filip Maertens

Viper330 AGP

Post by Johan Van Gompe » Mon, 17 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>I'm fairly new to installing Linux on machines and I was wondering;
>would Linux ( slackware 3.5 dist. ) give me any problems with my Viper
>330 -AGP- Video card?  Or, will the AGP-Bus give me any problems at all
>running X or the svgalib?

The Viper 330 has been reported to work fine by many Linux users. The
general rule for AGP cards is: if XFree86 supports the PCI version, the AGP
version will most probably work too.

Regards,

Johan Van Gompel
Insonmia - Web site ontwerp, hosting en promotie - http://insomnia.be

Viper330 AGP

Post by Phil DeBecke » Tue, 18 Aug 1998 04:00:00

The Viper 330 AGP card works fine, but you'll want to make sure there
are no IRQ conflicts between it and any PCI cards in your system.  If
there are conflicts, you must either move the board to a different slot,
use the BIOS configuration to select a different IRQ for one of the
boards, or get the 3.3.2-patchlevel 3 SVGA server which handles IRQ
sharing.

Phil