Deleting lilo boot. How?

Post by Shawn D. McPe » Thu, 21 Sep 1995 04:00:00

: I tried to format my hard drive, but I can't seem to get rid of the
: lilo boot.  How do I remove it?

fdisk /mbr

Deleting lilo boot. How?

Post by Mark T. Gra » Mon, 25 Sep 1995 04:00:00

On 20 Sep 1995 17:56:49 GMT,

Quote:>I tried to format my hard drive, but I can't seem to get rid of the
>lilo boot.  How do I remove it?

>Chris

I've heard rumours that fdisk /mbr from dos prompt works but it isn't
documented in any of the microsoft documentation (Even the technical
reference manual). (There is some mention in the DOSEMU-HOWTO but for
another problem). I don't see why booting up with a dos floppy and doing
"sys a: c:" (alot less worry than using fdisk) wouldn't work and since
you've already formatted your disk you have little to loose trying it.

1. HELP! Need to delete LILO boot!

Have a client who's machine boots to LILO (old PC of ex-employee).  Does
not need Linux and wants to delete partition.  Have tried DOS fdisk and
that doesn't see the Linux partition.  Have also tried using MS shareware
called DELPART, which can help with NTFS partitions, etc. but I get same
result.

Does anyone know of a way to get rid of this?  Client does not have any
Linux boot disks.  Thought of low-leveling, but it's an IDE drive and
recall (a few years ago anyway) that it's not a good idea to do that.

ANY help will be appreciated!

Jeff Bertsch

2. test

3. Deleted partitions, LILO still boots :-(

4. about sysctl.h file

5. LILO probs having deleted /boot....

6. ms playground talk

7. LILO delete from Master boot sector ?

8. jed error opening site

9. LILO saved boot file /boot/boot.0301

10. i deleted /boot/boot.b

11. How to boot new Kernel with Grub -deleted the old files in /boot directory

12. Pls Help - Lin Mandrake 8.0: delete boot loader, add boot line in Win XP, play sound

13. lilo.conf ignored by lilo at boot time