video capture and TV tuner card

Post by Sven Koen » Mon, 23 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I am looking for a good video capture and TV tuner card that I can use
under Linux on a Pentium II PC. Any recommendations?

Thanks
Sven

Post by Trent Piep » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>I am looking for a good video capture and TV tuner card that I can use
>under Linux on a Pentium II PC. Any recommendations?

A card based on the BT848 is about your only option.  Several companies make
them, try hauppage, miro, and STB.

--
|Gazing up to the breeze of the heavens \ on a quest, meaning, reason  |
|came to be, how it begun \ all alone in the family of the sun         |

Post by Drew Perttul » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> >I am looking for a good video capture and TV tuner card that I can use
> >under Linux on a Pentium II PC. Any recommendations?

> A card based on the BT848 is about your only option.  Several companies make
> them, try hauppage, miro, and STB.

I've set up the Hauppage Wincast PCI card (with the Linux driver) and it
works great.
The Wincast card was $100, too!

1. AGP video card, TV tuner and capture card

   I am planning to buy a new PC. I am a Slackware Linux user.
 The point is that I want advice, experiences, suggestions, etc
  concerning what AGP video card and PAL-TV tuner with video capture
 card should I buy. The best would be a card including everything like
 the ALL-IN-WONDER Pro card. But I think this does not support Linux.
 I have seen the BTTV page. But I want to make sure of the following
features.
    a) I want the AGP video card to be accelerated under Linux
    b) I want to be able to have  resizable TV windows
    c)  I want to access teletext
    d)  I want to be able to capture video sequences

           If you can help me in some way in my decision I would be very

 grateful and I will put my experience to the service of  future

           Thank you very much

           Antonio Gonzalez-Arroyo
           Departamento de Fisica Teorica
           Univ. Autonoma de Madrid
            Madrid, SPAIN

2. Why Paul Abeles is a liar.

3. mutiple tv tuner cards and video capture cards, help needed

4. generic SVGA chipset

5. mutiple tv tuner cards/video capture cards, newbie question

6. 2 floppy disk drive

7. TV Tuner/Video Capture cards that support Win2K or Linux?

8. Oops, now I've done it...(boot problem)

9. Video Capture Card/TV Tuner

10. TV Tuner/Video Capture cards that support Win2K or Linux?

11. Zoltrix TV MAX tv tuner and vid capture card..

12. Video + sound capture boards, TV tuners

13. PenCam, Mp3 Player and AM/FM/TV Tuner/Capture card