problems with 82815

Post by Connie Sutherlan » Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:18:24

I am having problems with my Grphics card
its and integrated Refurb computer used to be a Compaq
using Ubuntu 5.10

product: 82815 CGC [Chipset Graphics Controller]

so I was having vertical Lines up and down at high resolutions
but I set the default color to 16 in /etc/X11/xorg.conf

but all resolutions are still "jumpy"
the monitor says it is at 1024x765 75hz but it hurts my eys like 60hz

It looks like the lines on the screen are moving up and down one or 2
pixels very very fast

any advise would be helpful, I already found some :
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=55715&goto=nextoldest
http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2003/09/msg00072.html

but I don't understand it all
like how to set vram option in the kernel? or the SWPointer?
or the modline?

I'm still mostly a Noob

thanks

problems with 82815

Post by Joseph2 » Sat, 18 Mar 2006 13:51:31

> I am having problems with my Grphics card
> its and integrated Refurb computer used to be a Compaq
> using Ubuntu 5.10

> product: 82815 CGC [Chipset Graphics Controller]

> so I was having vertical Lines up and down at high resolutions
> but I set the default color to 16 in /etc/X11/xorg.conf

> but all resolutions are still "jumpy"
> the monitor says it is at 1024x765 75hz but it hurts my eys like 60hz

> It looks like the lines on the screen are moving up and down one or 2
> pixels very very fast

> any advise would be helpful, I already found some :
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=55715&goto=nextoldest
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2003/09/msg00072.html

> but I don't understand it all
> like how to set vram option in the kernel? or the SWPointer?
> or the modline?

> I'm still mostly a Noob

> thanks

I realize that this may sound odd but, do you have _ANY_ kind of TV out
whatsoever?  If so, is it thoroughly disabled and disconnected? (yes even
having a terminator on the line will cause problems)
--
JosephKK
--Schiller

1. the right driver for my Intel(r) 82815 Graphics Controller

Hiya,

I am having a lot of trouble with finding the right driver for my
Intel(r) 82815 Graphics Controller to be used under Suse 7.0. At the
moment, I have found a driver for Intel 815 family video chipsets for
linux; I am not sure if it works with 82815. Can anyone recommend
another driver instead?

Many thanks,

David

/****************************************************************************/

" Some people are born to lead millions. Others are born to write
world-changing software. Only one person does both: Torvalds. "

--Time Magazine/Time Inc.

/****************************************************************************/

2. Can't setup mu AsusCom ISDN card: Help!

3. Camino 2 (82815/82820) v2.4.x eth/sound related lockups

4. Trouble running Zircon

5. Intel 82815 CGC Graphics controller

6. 2.4.20-pre2 i2c updates

7. Intel 82815 support?

8. asynchronous disk I/O

9. Intel 82815 CGC Graphics controller

10. INTEL 82815 video and INTEL 82801AA AC'97/Crystal WDM Audio Codec - HP Vectra

11. Linux on Compaq Deskpro (Intel 82815 Graphics Card)

12. problems, problems, 37.5 GB, problems, 1024, problems...

13. Installation problems, problems, problems!