Winbook Laptop Linux and X-Windows

Post by Paul Silverstei » Sat, 01 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I cannot get X-Windows to run on my laptop because my videocard is not being
accepted. I've had it superprobed and it is telling me I have a WD 90c24
card and gives me all the specs. I set it up and it still won't run. I have
even tried the generic VGA card and it won't run either, telling me that no
valid modes have been found to run.

Anyone?

Winbook Laptop Linux and X-Windows

Post by George Newbur » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Which winboook and which linux distrib ?
I had problems with RH 5.0, Metro-X, and cheap winbook 233 DS.
However running Xconfigurator (SP?) and looking at the setups for Winbooks
on the Linux for laptops page, works great (now if I could just stretch the
screen to 24 inches and 1800x1600).

>I cannot get X-Windows to run on my laptop because my videocard is not
being
>accepted. I've had it superprobed and it is telling me I have a WD 90c24
>card and gives me all the specs. I set it up and it still won't run. I have
>even tried the generic VGA card and it won't run either, telling me that no
>valid modes have been found to run.

>Anyone?

1. Problem with X-Windows while dualbooting Windows XP/Redhat Linux on laptop ?

Dear gentlemen,

I have a Dell Inspiron 2650 laptop, and I have tried to dualboot Windows
xp and Linux on it. I first installed Windows xp, then Linux. But the
problem is that the X-window system does not work when I boot the
machine to Linux after installation. I installed Redhat Linux 7.1. So
I wonder if you might give me some suggestions with respect to this
problem? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hongwei

2. anyone seen this weird message --> "neighbor table overflow"

4. DSL Installation

5. Looking for "SMALL" version of X-Windows for 4mb laptop for Linux

6. Modem Problem

7. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

8. How to mount a tape streamer

9. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

10. Linux on new WinBook XP5 Pentium laptop

11. Request for advice: WinBook laptop and Linux

12. X-Windows on Sharp PC-9020 laptop?

13. Compaq Armada laptop and X-Windows