Video Card and Monitor

Post by Jos Shepher » Sat, 08 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I have RedHat V6.0 installed.  I cannot use X windows. My monitor and
> graphics card is not supported.  Perhaps someone out there can point me to
> where the drivers are for my hardware.

> Monitor:  PiXie
> Model:    PBC-1450

> Video Card: ATI Rage GL 128
> Bus Type:   AGP
> Memory:     32MB

> -Manny

Yeah, me too - I've got a Rage Fury and a dell monitor and no joy with x.

Jos

Video Card and Monitor

Post by David Murra » Sat, 08 May 1999 04:00:00

The monitor is mostly irrelivant.. the only thing important is to find an
X-server (otherwise known as a driver) for your video card, which I don't
"believe" there is one last time I checked.. but you can always go to
www.xfree86.org and check it out.

Quote:> I have RedHat V6.0 installed.  I cannot use X windows.     My monitor and
> graphics card is not supported.  Perhaps someone out there can point me
> where the drivers are for my hardware.

1. Monitor flicker, caused by video card or monitor?

I've posted about this before. I used to think it was related to SuSE, but
a while back I installed Windows and my machine did the same thing.
Basically what it does is it subtly turns a little darker for a brief
second then goes back to normal. It happens randomly and it's extremely
annoying. I have an NEC CRT 17" monitor. Only like a year and a half old.
It's getting really old, though, and I'm not sure what to do.

Part of me wants to replace the monitor. But then another part of me says
that it could be the video card. I once tried to install Fedora Core 3 and
it wouldn't install. ALWAYS got hung up on configuring X. That seems like
a video card problem. Thoughts?

Preston

2. mail problem

3. Programming video card (ATI card w/ s-video & tv-out) Need direction to correct info

4. httpd setup?

5. Setup TV-Card and additional Video-In on Video Card

6. Problem with 3COM 590 PCI

7. Trident 9680 Video Card vs. Cirrus Login 5430 Video Card

8. PCI interface board for SDI video

9. video card info - what is the fastest video Card on X?

10. configuring monitor and video card

11. Need help with X setup and monitor or video card?

12. differences in video card/monitor setup?

13. Is it possible to run linux without monitor and video card?