Epson LX850 9-pin problems

Post by Jan Henkin » Tue, 16 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi All,

I've been plagued on and off for quite some time now by a "niggly" printing
problem. I own a dinosaur Epson LX850, big, old, noisy and all of that. However
it suits my needs perfectly. With RH 4.2 I had no problems whatsoever, but with
RH5.0 the problems started. Luckily 5.0 was superseded by 5.1, and the printing
problem was solved. Now with 5.2, the problem came back! Here's the symptoms:
The Epson printer prints normal ASCII excellently when the printer is set up
using the "text-only" filter. With the Epson 9-pin drivers (all of them!), I can
only print about two thirds of the way accross the paper, and as a result
printing any Postscript files are out of the question. Has anybody experienced
a similar problem with the Epson printers, and if you had and managed to solve
the problem, please can you tell me how you did it? I really don't print enough
documents to warrant forking out for a new printer, but in the end I suppose it
will have to happen. In the mean time, however, I would still like to use my
trusty old "wreck"! ;-)

Thanks a million in advance!

Jan Henkins

Epson LX850 9-pin problems

Post by Jan Henkin » Sat, 20 Mar 1999 04:00:00

[...]

1. Announce dvi driver for 9-pin epson

and lo, there was much rejoicing among the people, as

am i the only person who can't find this?

am i the only one who's looking? :)

seriously, i can't find eps-0.1.tar.z on tsx-11.  can you send me
a pointer?

--hymie

I can't do what ten people tell me to do.  So I guess I'll remain the same.
                                                                 --Otis Redding

2. Hardening scripts for AIX 4.3

3. Ghostscript & epson 9-pin

4. installing apache

5. Announce dvi driver for 9-pin epson

6. Extracting identifiers using sed

7. 9-pin epson driver version 0.2 available

8. Digital Unix Machine runing samba using Backup Exec 8.5 on WinNT

9. HP 4Plus 9-pin Pinouts

10. ? Postscript with old 9-pin ibm proprinter ?

11. Okidata 321 9-Pin Dot-Matrix Setup

12. Problems with SCSI SCA 80-pin to 50-pin adaptor

13. printing to Epson 24-pin?