Any experience of external scsi 250MB zip *not* at end of scsi-2 chain?

Any experience of external scsi 250MB zip *not* at end of scsi-2 chain?

Post by Guy Maskal » Sun, 07 Jan 2001 06:38:14

Having just bought a 250MB zip drive (external scsi), I find in the
electronic manual that it is only a scsi-1 device and should be placed
at the end of any scsi-2 chain (threatening data loss).

I have an adaptec aha1542CP card and HP scanjet 6200c already. The
scanner is self-terminating it *has* to be the last in the chain (no
scsi-out connector).

Does anyone know if the zip drive will sit happily in the middle of this
scsi chain or am I looking at having to get another scsi card for this
one scsi-1, 25 pin sub-D connector zip drive?

I'll try and get hold of the appropriate cables/convertors but in the
meantime any info would be much appreciated.

Regards, Guy.

1. SB16 SCSI with External SCSI ZIP Drive?

Hi,

I'd like to know if an external SCSI version of ZIP Drive can be attached
to a SoundBlaster 16 with internal SCSI-2 interface via some kind of
cable/converter?  I've been looking for such converter for a while but had
no success.  If you have or have heard experiences regarding to this
setup, please share it with me.

Thanks in advance.
Douglas

Douglas I. Chen
Software Engineering
University of Toronto

2. Mapping function key of a terminal emulation

3. difference between dual-single ended scsi card and single ended scsi card

4. xotd v0.05

5. ATAPI 250MB ZIP and IDE-SCSI Emulation HELP!

6. [RFC] add support for PC-9800 architecture (21/26) serial #2

7. SCSI Zip drive w/ Zip zoom scsi adapter problems...

8. sn41g2 sound problems

9. scsi IDs order in scsi chain

10. Attaching external scsi-1 or scsi-2 tape drive to 44p-270 (7044-270)

11. ZIP drive in middle of SCSI chain?

12. SCSI zip drive: need scsi-2 cable or adapter

13. scsi cdwriter not on /proc/scsi/scsi