Cyrix p+166 overclocking and linux

Post by Liu » Thu, 16 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi
        ANybody has any experience with using Cyrix chip p+166 running Linux
OS?  Do you recommend it?  Also do you have heat death problem while
trying to overclock the chip?

        Thanks.

        Jing

Post by cygnu.. » Mon, 20 Jan 1997 04:00:00

>Hi
>    ANybody has any experience with using Cyrix chip p+166 running Linux
>OS?  Do you recommend it?  Also do you have heat death problem while
>trying to overclock the chip?

>    Thanks.
>    Jing

I hadn't tried to "overclock" any of my Cyrix p166+'s (or my p150+, or
my p133+)
What do you mean by that?  How are you doing it?  WHY are you doing
it?  I'd really like to know....
        Allen

1. Overclock K6 166 / Run Linux

I haven't had any problems with overclocked linux boxes. Just make sure you have
a good fan (many crashes are due to overheating!!). The only CPU i have had
problems with is Cyrix (the non L versions). They are inherently bad so Cyrix had
to release the L versions (attention cyrix fans: ever felt the inside of a 6x86
non-L CPU after running it for 20 intense minutes ?).

Shanto

2. Should a Serial port driver show

3. Alpha 166 for Linux or Cyrix 200

4. Problems with X

5. Overclocking P5 MMX 166 and 200

6. device driver help needed!

7. PPro 150 or Cyrix 166+ for Linux

8. Transparent proxy patch with pf

9. Linux and Cyrix 166+ CPU Compatibility

10. Cyrix 166 on Linux

11. does Linux support Cyrix 166+ CPU ???

12. DO NOT USE CYRIX 686-166+ for LINUX

13. Overclocking Cyrix CPUs