Epson Stylus Color 600 woes

Post by Sean and Cyndi » Sun, 04 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi all. I'm having a helluva time getting ghostscript 5.10 on Red Hat
Linux 4.2 to work with my Epson Stylus Color 600.

I have both stcolor and uniprint compiled into ghostscript, and running
'gs --help' tells me that they are available devices. I can also view
with ghostview 1.5 the postscript files that are failing to print.

I used the lprsetup.sh script to generate a printcap entry, and am using
unix-lpr.sh as the input filter.

Here is the command I use when running gs on the command line using the
stcolor driver to print the tiger file that comes with ghostscript:

gs -sDEVICE=stcolor -dNOPAUSE -sDithering=fscmyk -r720x720
-sOutputFile="|lpr -Pstcolor.raw" tiger.ps -c quit

The stcolor.raw entry in printcap sends it straight to /dev/lp1.

I've also tried using the uniprint driver, using the following command
as it's shown in the gs docs:

In both cases the printer goes through the motions of printing the
document, but the only thing that comes out is a very small portion of
the doc, and what does come out is blue.

The printer works fine when sending straight text, or when printing
anything under Lose95, so I don't think there's a problem with the
printer.

I've looked at Micheal Holve's page http://rat.nynow.com/epson where he
explains how he setup his ESC on Linux, plus several c.o.l.h postings
via DejaNews, and none of the suggestions have worked.

Thanks in advance,
sean
Remove the spam comment to reply.