Panasonic IDE CD changer, experiences?

Post by Pete » Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I have a Panasonic 5 disc 12x cd changer, and was thinking of tossing it in
my linux server. How does linux handle this device, like 1 drive where I
manually have to swap CD's by pushing external buttons? Or can it swap CD's
based on user accesses?

Thanks,
-Pete

Please remove the 'blarf' in the return address to reply via mail...

Panasonic IDE CD changer, experiences?

Post by Pete » Wed, 26 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Try

www.pricewatch.com

I saw a few cheap changers there. (That's where I found a pointer to my
drive a year ago.) Also www.onsale.com had some for a while..

Thanks for the info,
-Pete

> the kernel notes seem to indicate that this ide changer SHOULD work.

> I'd love to get my hands on such a device - but NO ONE seems to be
> selling it these days.  any pointers???

> : I have a Panasonic 5 disc 12x cd changer, and was thinking of tossing it
in
> : my linux server. How does linux handle this device, like 1 drive where I
> : manually have to swap CD's by pushing external buttons? Or can it swap
CD's
> : based on user accesses?

> : Thanks,
> : -Pete

> : Please remove the 'blarf' in the return address to reply via mail...

> --
> Bryan, http://Grateful.Net (ANTISPAM: email is my name at my web's domain)

> (c) 1999.  Publishing and/or relaying of this material on all forums other
than
> USENET implies agreeing to a consultancy fee of US$150 per posting.  You
must
> obtain a written permit before you publish.  Violators are subject to
civil
> prosecution for Copyright Infringement as applicable.  Publication by
C|NET
> and Microsoft Networks expressly prohibited.

1. Panasonic SQ-TC510N IDE CD-ROM Changer Possible

I would like to know if anyone has had success with this fairly
inexpensive 10X-5 CD-ROM Changer from Panasonic.

My system works with Win95 as a master on the third IDE adapter.
However, with the RedHat 4.0, trying to mount the /dev/hde results
in a loop where the system does not get a response from the drive.

Do you think the problem is the third IDE controller, the changer, or
both.  I've heard this changer has problems in Win NT as well.

Thanks for any information,

Martin Brien

2. rpc and shared memory

3. Panasonic 10X 5 CD Changer

4. chsec - security problem

5. Any experience with a NEC301 SCSI CD-ROM changer?

6. remote printing

7. 2.5.69-70 ide-cd to guarantee fault-free CD/DVD burning experience?

8. Solaris vs. Linux

9. IDE CD changer under Linux?

10. Looking for IDE CD-ROM changer

11. nec 4 disc ide cd changer

12. Sanyo IDE CD-Changer and Linux. Need Help

13. Does Linux support NEC 8X4 IDE CD-ROM changer?