Experience with SB16 Value PnP ? Point me some resources

Experience with SB16 Value PnP ? Point me some resources

Post by SPINEI Adria » Tue, 24 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi there !

I am thinking about re-installing Linux on my system.
(the newest Slackware or maybe RedHat)
I've read a lot of docs about it but couldn't find
any references to the new SB16 Value PnP (supported ?
unsupported ? will cause some problems ?).
Anyone here who can share some experience ?
Can you point me some resources ?
Btw, I already installed Linux on my sistem a year ago
when I had no sound card. It worked veeery smooth.
I have an ALI mb ISA/VLB/PCI no PnP BIOS (of course).
Right now my SB16 works fine with Win95, but I encountered
some problems with plain DOS.

Thank you in advance,
Adrian

SPINEI Adrian
Thesard TIRF/INPG

Experience with SB16 Value PnP ? Point me some resources

Post by Victor Muly » Fri, 27 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> any references to the new SB16 Value PnP (supported ?
> unsupported ? will cause some problems ?).
> Anyone here who can share some experience ?
> Can you point me some resources ?

It will work, but you'll need to use something like
isapnptools to get it running.  You can find it
somewhere on www.redhat.com

I took the numbers from win95's (ctpnp.exe?) and
used them in the config file for isapnp and had
it working in a couple hours.  You'll need to
configure user modules support and SB16 sound card
support in the 2.0.* versions of the kernel.

Good Luck!
-Vic

1. SB16 value PNP (Vibra)

hallo ihr

meine sb16 pnp vibra l?st sich auf meinem suse52 nicht installieren.
ich habe es schon mit den einstellunge von win98 probiert aber das klappt
auch nicht, wil da ein dma belegt wird den meine netzwerkkarte belegt
(fest).
auch den tip von suse meim mpu401 irq 5 statt -1 einzustellen hat nicht
funktioniert.

dake fr jeden hinweis

springer

2. How to compile an interviews program

3. SB16 Value PNP problem.

4. Linux + OS/2 laptop with >64MB RAM

5. SB16 pnp / USR 56K internal pnp

6. date calculation

7. Helix Authentication Failure

8. sb16 awe PnP and Motorola ModemSURFR 56k PnP

9. SB16 pnp / USR 56K internal pnp

10. SB16 PnP without PnP Bios

11. tunnel point to point vs physical point to point

12. Point-to-Point-to-Point-to-Point ad nauseum