Linux Raid problem

Post by richar » Fri, 25 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I have inherited a Linux system with a RAID device
on bootup I get the message:

md:09:00 raidarray not clean  -run ckraid
an error occurred during RAID startup
when I run ckraid it says it is o.k.
when I try to mount the RAID it says it is not running!

any suggestions please????????????

Linux Raid problem

Post by Tony Plat » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Sounds like you have software raid
not a raid device

Tony

>I have inherited a Linux system with a RAID device
>on bootup I get the message:

>md:09:00 raidarray not clean  -run ckraid
>an error occurred during RAID startup
>when I run ckraid it says it is o.k.
>when I try to mount the RAID it says it is not running!

>any suggestions please????????????

Linux Raid problem

Post by Marc Mut » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> I have inherited a Linux system with a RAID device
> on bootup I get the message:

> md:09:00 raidarray not clean  -run ckraid
> an error occurred during RAID startup
> when I run ckraid it says it is o.k.
> when I try to mount the RAID it says it is not running!

Have you updated the raid tools? That's the only fault I can currently
think of. Or maybe the md dev. was built with newer versions of the raid
tools...?
Sorry, not much help...

Marc

Linux Raid problem

Post by César Mateus Concei?? » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Fellows,

what RAID does with System ???

I don't know wht this functions do in the system

best regards

Cesar - Brazil

> Sounds like you have software raid
> not a raid device

> Tony

> >I have inherited a Linux system with a RAID device
> >on bootup I get the message:

> >md:09:00 raidarray not clean  -run ckraid
> >an error occurred during RAID startup
> >when I run ckraid it says it is o.k.
> >when I try to mount the RAID it says it is not running!

> >any suggestions please????????????

Linux Raid problem

Post by Donald Boyc » Wed, 30 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Same thing happened to me.  I managed to find some help, and the
followinging worked  for me.  I only had the /dev/md0 device defined.

ckraid --force-check --fix   /dev/md0
raidadd /dev/md0
raidrun /dev/md0

Then, I was told to mount it, and I did, but it may not be necessary.
Then I rebooted and everything went fine.

I noticed that the --force-check option was not in the man page, but
did show up when you do "ckraid --help".  By the way, I also made
a backup before I did this.

Don Boyce