DVD Decoders.

Post by Murray Smit » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Does Linux have support for the Hollywood Plus DVD/MPeg Decoder card?

DVD Decoders.

Post by mirce » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> Does Linux have support for the Hollywood Plus DVD/MPeg Decoder card?

No. Complain to Sigma Designs, maybe they'll release the specs for
purpose of writing a driver.

MST

DVD Decoders.

as of now it doesnt have support for any decoders

--

"Bill Gates?, I dont know any Bill Gates.  Oh, you mean 'by putting
every conceivable

                  http://web.mountain.net/~brandon/main.htm
     For Beginners in Linux, Emulation, Midis, Playstation Info, and
Virii.

DVD Decoders.

Post by Alain.Bo.. » Sat, 11 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> as of now it doesnt have support for any decoders

>> Does Linux have support for the Hollywood Plus DVD/MPeg Decoder card?

Not quite true: there is some support for the Creative DXR2.
http://opensource.creative.com/

--
Alain Borel

1. CineMaster (v.2.x) MPEG/DVD decoder card...

I have one of these puppies in my machine which I'd like to be able to
use (ie. I WANT TO WRITE A DRIVER IF POSSIBLE).  It's not one of the VGA
pass thru cards like the Creative DXR2 but rather looks like the
computer feeds MPEG2 stream and it sends back decompressed data back to
the computer/video card for display and sound directly out to sound
card...

Okay...  I don't care much about DVD movies with all their proprietary
stuff at this time but would like to use it for rapid MPEG I/II decoding
for my own movies and maybe the occassional VideoCD.

Questions -
Assuming Quadrant gives me some info so I can do something with the
card:
1. Are there drivers in this class in existence which I can use as a
foundation to build upon?
2. Are there "standards" or interface guidelines which can be followed
to build such a beast - and hopefully future programs can take advantage
of?
3. Anyone else working on something similar!?

Regards,
Joe Tham

2. pthreads and signals under FreeBSD 2.2.7

3. Drivers for C-Cube DVD decoder chips ??

4. Boot-time errors

5. Creative CT7160 DVD Decoder

6. New to UNIX

7. Are there (supported) DVD decoders built into videocards?

8. Sound support in DOSEMU?

9. DVD decoders under Linux

10. Linux and DVD Decoder Cards!

11. DVD decoder on Linux ?